Importing from China Taobao..

stefanm

Disciple
I buy a fair amount of stuff from China, since AliExpress is more or less not an option anymore I usually use eBay, but prices are high on eBay and I can't find all the stuff I need either. Enter Taobao, man that site is awesome! But we can't order directly from there, so we have to use an agent.

Now, a recommended agent has EMS as it's cheapest option before UPS/DHL, as far as I understand EMS sucks as far as customs go, duty and fines etc.

Anyone have experience with Taobao agents or EMS as a shipping method? If so, please chime in.

I also wanted to check stuff on that website but it's not letting me log in using Indian mobile number. I also couldn't reuse my ali credentials to login on that website. So I finally gave up.

I also wanted to check stuff on that website but it's not letting me log in using Indian mobile number. I also couldn't reuse my ali credentials to login on that website. So I finally gave up.
That's strange, I made an account for just searching. It did work, but I get confused logging in, lol. I search in Mandarin via Google to find what I need.

I have used Superbuy agent to get the products from China. I have used EMS shipping method and had to pay Customs on my orders. I have ordered lot of things at a time (3-4kg )to save on shipping. It took around 10 -15 days for the product to reach India.

I have the same issue. The site refuses to let me login. Created two accounts using two different numbers, but the same issue persists. Anyone has idea how to resolve this?

I have used Superbuy agent to get the products from China. I have used EMS shipping method and had to pay Customs on my orders. I have ordered lot of things at a time (3-4kg )to save on shipping. It took around 10 -15 days for the product to reach India.
So, was that just import duty and no fine?
I have the same issue. The site refuses to let me login. Created two accounts using two different numbers, but the same issue persists. Anyone has idea how to resolve this?
Try using opera and it's VPN.

Whether its the number that is the issue or not using a VPN that shows you live elsewhere ?

Whether its the number that is the issue or not using a VPN that shows you live elsewhere ?
I'm not sure, I know that you have to constantly refresh for images to show up, this is due to firewalls from the Chinese government. I tutor Chinese people English almost everyday and we discuss these topics quite often.

I'm not sure, I know that you have to constantly refresh for images to show up, this is due to firewalls from the Chinese government.
From what you've said i think they are just checking IP by location and not the phone numbers
I tutor Chinese people English almost everyday and we discuss these topics quite often.
What do they say ? I know they use VPNs. Apparently unregistered VPN's are illegal but there's no way to check that.

From what you've said i think they are just checking IP by location and not the phone numbers

What do they say ? I know they use VPNs. Apparently unregistered VPN's are illegal but there's no way to check that.
The government turns a blind eye to the minority that uses VPN's as long as they don't say anything against the government on foreign social media.

The government turns a blind eye to the minority that uses VPN's as long as they don't say anything against the government on foreign social media.
What I've learnt is generally they turn a blind eye to most things except when there is a party meeting coming up. That is when the dissent needs to be tamped down.

Can you guide how does this work? Im trying to get some stuff from aliexpress but the seller doesnt ship to india. (the product has a lithium battery in it.)

Can you guide how does this work? Im trying to get some stuff from aliexpress but the seller doesnt ship to india. (the product has a lithium battery in it.)
You make an account and can ship the items directly to their warehouse or maybe try to search for the items on their superbuy website itself. I don't think aliexpress sellers do inland shipping but you can reach out to the seller to ship to superbuy warehouse if they agree. If the product has lithium battery, it cannot pass customs or leave china too. Those products are always returned to sellers, so you mostly need to remove the batteries from the product and ship from superbuy to india. Superbuy can do provide other services like photo or videos of items (I think first one is free) and they store item in their warehouse for 90 days for free

You make an account and can ship the items directly to their warehouse or maybe try to search for the items on their superbuy website itself. I don't think aliexpress sellers do inland shipping but you can reach out to the seller to ship to superbuy warehouse if they agree. If the product has lithium battery, it cannot pass customs or leave china too. Those products are always returned to sellers, so you mostly need to remove the batteries from the product and ship from superbuy to india. Superbuy can do provide other services like photo or videos of items (I think first one is free) and they store item in their warehouse for 90 days for free
Unfortunately the lithium battery is not removable. so cannot do anything in that case right?

If someone can take charge we can buy together. I want to buy switches for my mouse and other things.
Genesis PC has switches, other stuff maybe available on eBay, I'd look there first. Right now I have made an order with superbuy and the shipping is $200, therefore I'm trying to get the shipping cost down. Bulky items come under volumetric weight, not actual.

Back