Importing goods from china in bulk

This post of mine is not directly related to OP's query but felt it will be of some use for those who are new to importing/buying (loose/small quantity low value) stuff from chinese e-commerce sites.

I have been a user (mostly buying low valued loose items rather than bulk) of Aliexpress for the last 2 years. In this period, I had more positive experience with them than the negative ones. Most of my products (headphones, earphones, laptop accessories, Android TV stick etc) were always under 50 US$ and smaller in size. Out of over 30 purchases I have done, only once I ended up paying customs duty (a whooping 3500 bucks for an item whose price was only Rs 3000) that was for a heavy item (Full sized cans). Delivery times are never consistent with free china registered air mail (which most of the aliex sellers uses). It’s always been between 25 to 60 days for me to get my product delivered. In case of non-delivery of a product, we can raise the ticket and get refund within the window given by the seller/aliex (mostly 39 days to 60 days, depends on product/seller).

Regarding Mp4nation.net, often they use sing post as their courier of choice for free registered airmail with tracking id (ezparcels/quantum solutions basically routes the package to sing post from there it reaches India post) It usually takes at least a minimum of 10 days for ezparcels tracking id to work. During peak season it can get delayed further. I have bought a few IEMs and headphone accessories from Mp4nation (around 8 in total), except for one occasion (for a 2600 worth product, I was asked to pay 3000 bucks as customs duty), I never had to pay any customs duty. Through singpost, my orders usually reached me in 20 days time (more often).

Just a word of advice, while ordering from any overseas e-commerce site (not just aliex), avoid getting multiple items from the same seller in one go (or if possible request the seller to send each item in a separate package instead of one bulk parcel) if you do not possess any valid importing document as a buyer. Also, as much as possible avoid ordering items which are bigger in size/heavier in weight (almost always attract heavy customs duty), or containing Lithium battery/Sharp objects/objects that looks like contraband (all these attract customs attention even if you have used paid fast shipping options such as dhl, fedex etc). Try and see, if these can be locally acquired (even if you have to shell little extra money). Getting a pricey item (cell phone, in particular) through free shipping options such as china post, swiss post, sing post etc is always dicey. Most of the times, they come at snail’s pace to your delivery location + there is always a risk of losing such item while they are in transit + even these can suffer from heavy customs duty depending on the person who handles such parcels at foreign (within India) post office.

Cheers!

is ordering from aliexpress safe if i use ems or dhl or fedex only ?
Nope no guarantee if any problem is caused on seller's end.

Sorry but i dint understand cooling cases.So if i want to rebrand products like usb cable,speakers,power banks,batteries and other mobile accessories,where should i start with?delhi or china?from where will it be more profitable?

"Cooling" was a typo, it should be "cool looking cases."
AFAIK you can either label the products in China itself or do it here. Packaging you can also do it here. But for engraving or creating your logo on the product i suggest that you let them do it in China. Just send them the design in the format which they ask.[DOUBLEPOST=1451658361][/DOUBLEPOST]@mebaali but won't multiple package shipping incur more costs which can be detrimental to a business?

Last edited:
@iPwnz - That line was mainly directed at casual buyer (like me) who is looking for buying lowly priced chinese products (in loose or in numbers) for personal use. Besides, In most of the chinese e-commerce sites(from mainland china's aliex to all the other hong kong based websites) there is always a free-shipping option provided (with or without tracking id), regardless of number of orders/products/types.

But you are right, it won't be beneficial for the seller.

Nope no guarantee if any problem is caused on seller's end.

"Cooling" was a typo, it should be "cool looking cases."
AFAIK you can either label the products in China itself or do it here. Packaging you can also do it here. But for engraving or creating your logo on the product i suggest that you let them do it in China. Just send them the design in the format which they ask.[DOUBLEPOST=1451658361][/DOUBLEPOST]@mebaali but won't multiple package shipping incur more costs which can be detrimental to a business?
But which place should i prefer china or delhi?

Back