Incoming SMS when roaming abroad on Jio Prepaid

prime

Skilled
On Jio prepaid (with 666 plan), do I get free incoming SMS during roaming in Dubai/Singapore without taking any special pack?

Does it work on Airtel prepaid? If needed, I can port my number to Airtel for this.

International roaming will not work with your jio 666 plan. You will have to separately buy an international roaming pack. I think incoming SMS are free in jio international roaming packs.

On Jio prepaid (with 666 plan), do I get free incoming SMS during roaming in Dubai/Singapore without taking any special pack?

Does it work on Airtel prepaid? If needed, I can port my number to Airtel for this.
For jio, you need to activate international roaming at least once by recharging IR pack. After that it's not needed.

For airtel, it's already by default activated.

In both the cases, incoming sms is always free.

For jio, you need to activate international roaming at least once by recharging IR pack. After that it's not needed.

For airtel, it's already by default activated.

In both the cases, incoming sms is always free.
Thanks.

What is the minimum amount to activate international roaming in Jio?

I remember in my mother's case she had post paid plan of Airtel. Never paid for international roaming but used to get sms from banks etc without any issues.
Ported to Jio and stopped receiving SMS. Jio said you will have to buy international roaming.
Recently she ported back to Airtel and started receiving SMS once again without buying any roaming plan.

I remember in my mother's case she had post paid plan of Airtel. Never paid for international roaming but used to get sms from banks etc without any issues.
Ported to Jio and stopped receiving SMS. Jio said you will have to buy international roaming.
Recently she ported back to Airtel and started receiving SMS once again without buying any roaming plan.
Thanks. Any information about prepaid?

I have jio and i didn't purchase any roaming pack. I just activated the international roaming on the settings page of the myJio app and i was able to recieve all incoming SMS for free in multiple countries over the last year.

Back