Car & Bike India: Petrol and Diesel Discussion Thread

I can concur with reusing of edible oil and cost cutting by shopkeepers. My regular samosa wala guy's samosa quality has deteriorated post COVID. Even though, it may seem hot, but the quality inside doesn't indicate anything fresh. Only once since Corona have I gotten to taste what his actual samosa tastes like.
You can't blame them, they were one of the people who took the most brunt and we're severely affected. But after a while, when you start paying high prices and don't get quality in return, you start thinking if spending ₹20 on a samosa is worth it (it costed ₹10 before COVID.) Add to that the expenses should you fall ill.

While it has helped me to cut down on unhealthy eating habits, but even when you try to satisfy your cravings, it doesn't feel like you had something good.

Everywhere there's adulteration and malpractices having direct impact on the health, and our govt thinks shaming Kiran Majumdar Shaw wld rid people of their ills.

a08814ad-7ed3-4ec8-8a00-4e7c9d2887b9.jpg

I think if we start betting on uncertainties in Indian lives, it'll become a very successful business.

Start your bets on,
Will petrol price rise tomorrow?
Will they finish that bridge in 2024?
Does Kangana Ranaut have any say in this unrelated issue?
Will FM say something truthful in this month?
Would Adani become richest person in India tomorrow?

Betting on cricket is boring.

Petrol Diesel will rise as due to Russia war with Ukraine will affect this and now when Russia needs India support as a mediator for nego, it can come to worse

I don't understand since when did Russian become our oil supplier. Last I recall, OVL was begging permission from Russia for diggin oil wells in Vladivostok. Today Russia itself is saying, "Humara tel le lo!!"
Kaise kaise din aa gaye!!
Checks price
I can still bet prices will continue to increase even if Russia decides to give it for free for the next 10 years.

Our main oil suppliers are Middle Eastern countries. Russia is not even in top 10.

The latest deal from Russia expects India to buy 15 million barrels. Seems a lot but that's barely three days worth of oil. Our country consumes over 5 million barrels every single day.

If we are buying cheap russian oil ? why are prices still rising? for future preparation or is it just greed or correction for "previous" govt's mistakes?

Seriously can someone point me to a article or video on how oil pricing works in India?

View attachment 130669

I think if we start betting on uncertainties in Indian lives, it'll become a very successful business.

Start your bets on,
Will petrol price rise tomorrow?
Will they finish that bridge in 2024?
Does Kangana Ranaut have any say in this unrelated issue?
Will FM say something truthful in this month?
Would Adani become richest person in India tomorrow?

Betting on cricket is boring.
Adani joined the Club of Jeff Bezos. He made a lot of money due to covid.

Start your bets on,
1. Will petrol price rise tomorrow?
Duh!! It's not even a question anymore. It has become a new normal.
2. Will they finish that bridge in 2024?
Don't know which physical bridge, but the main abstract bridge which holds India together is, for sure, showing signs of cracking. Today it is Hindus vs Muslims, then Punjab versus Haryana over Chandigarh. Tomorrow it will be North versus South, then Kerala versus Tamil Nadu over sharing water mullaperiyar dam. List is endless.
3. Does Kangana Ranaut have any say in this unrelated issue?
Most probably, petrol and other fuels bheek mein mil rahi hai since 2014. Prior to that, we were paying lot of money.
4. Will FM say something truthful in this month?
Mein JNU se hu!!! The person asking this question will get confused as to should I troll her(being a JNU'te) or respect her(being an FM).
Check this reply from a sanghi. They are in the same dilemma.
5. Would Adani become richest person in India tomorrow?
Don't know about India, but Adani is definitely going to become a USD 5 trillion valued person by 2024.

You can add another question,
Who will have the highest strike rate in this IPL season? Butler, Pandya, Rohit Sharma or LPG/CNG/Petrol?

For me LPG/CNG strike rate is comparable to Sehwag's. Most of the times, he's dormat. Lekin jis din balla chamka, sabke chakke chuda deta hai!!

Last edited:
If we are buying cheap russian oil ? why are prices still rising? for future preparation or is it just greed or correction for "previous" govt's mistakes?

Seriously can someone point me to a article or video on how oil pricing works in India?

The quantity of oil being bought is too low to have an impact on prices.
It was more of a small one-time purchase rather than a long term supply contract.

Russian oil was bought by us as a diplomatic maneuver.
-it allows us to redirect attention away from weapons purchases (as far as sanctions go).
-it gives us an idea of how far the west will accommodate us r.e. our deals with Russia.
-it allows us to tell Russia that we are still a friend without having to support the Ukraine invasion.

Back