Indian Customs and how to deal with it?

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
The brain dead government of India and the customs department has become a major headache.
We are a small group of 6 doctors from Europe presently in kolkata are trying to import genuine N95 masks from our countries mostly to be distributed to the nursing staff as all hospital supplied ones are counterfeit and many of them are getting infected because of this.
My wife has managed to buy 2500 proper 3M N95 masks from a hospital in Germany through her contacts. She will be getting them at Slovakia by Monday.
If she sends it to Kolkata by FedEx / DHL, customs will surely catch it. We just can not afford to pay duties on similar things as she will be sending multiple times in small quantities (due to our budgetary constraints)
Is there any way to contact Indian Customs and explain them the situation ( we are not doing business...just distributing essential protective gear which are not available in India) We are pro beggars and probably be able to convince some key people in customs.
But don't know whom to contact.
State Government has no problems with it, but they can't request customs on behalf of European nationals.
Any leads please?
French consulate @ Mumbai has managed to sneak in Moderna vaccine and vaccinated some of their citizens in Mumbai, but it got leaked and they are under immense pressure. They warned us against customs.

Last edited:
Ill tell you what, Indian Customs are so brain dead, I was being sent an RMA item from a company in Germany, even though it was clearly written it's an RMA item. They were given 3-4 copies of the invoice, they still levied 50% of the market value of the item. I ended up paying 10k worth of customs.

Ill tell you what, Indian Customs are so brain dead, I was being sent an RMA item from a company in Germany, even though it was clearly written it's an RMA item. They were given 3-4 copies of the invoice, they still levied 50% of the market value of the item. I ended up paying 10k worth of customs.
would you by chance mind share what was the item?

Maybe Sonu Sood can help?
In fact he probably did help ( or someone in CM's office)...don't know exactly how, but I've received 3 packages of masks till now ( in pretty large boxes, and none was confiscated) more on the way.
I will further offer to pay any tax you are charged out of my pocket
Thanks man.. don't know why I didn't get any notification of your post. God bless you.

Back