Android Indian debit cards work with android/google market place ??

After trying a few debit cards now decided to go for a credit card. Do all indian credit cards work without issues?? Was thinking abt getting a sbi credit card. Also what abt paypal?? Can you purchase stuff frm america using sbi credit card ?? Read somewhere that sbi cards don't support non rupee transactions. Can somebody verify this ?

Afaik all the credit cards work, including SBI. If you're like me, who doesn't like/use credit cards at all you can try ICICI debit card, they work with PayPal, Google Play and all...

Please allow me to chime in, because it is something that had bothered me for quite some time.
I had to constantly ask friends, cousins, cousins' friends for favors to make a particular payment. For once or twice it's fine, but as we all know that's not the case, right..? :happy:

IMO the best solution is to get a Credit Card from a bank, period.
Nowadays, SBI offers Credit Card even without asking for Salary Slip, PAN card, etc...
You just need to have a Fixed Deposit in your bank account, which I guess almost all of us usually have in someone's account in our homes (Mom, Dad)
FYI Mom's account is the ideal option, if you are a student ;) (easy to coax)

I was easily able to sign up for a SBI Credit Card and it arrived within a week. It works successfully with Google Play Store, Paypal, as well as international online stores (all three confirmed).

Please note that the limit of your Credit Card in this case will depend on the amount deposited in the Fixed Deposit (~84% of FD amount).

HAPPY SHOPPING

For some reason my SBI credit card is not working with Google Play Store. It worked before but I tried purchasing something after a really long time and I couldn't get it to work. Don't know what the reason is.

So out of the blue my HDFC credit card stopped working on the Google Play Store. Last I purchased an app was on 11th. Tried purchasing a game yesterday and it said card declined. Tried again today to same result. Contacted HDFC CC and they say that they aren't seen any charge attempt by Google (i.e. even if the payment is declined, a charge attempt shows).
Tried deleting and re-adding the card. 50INR charged straight away (validation charge I guess), but still unable to buy anything from the Play Store. Keeps on getting declined.

You are facing the same issue as I did. I haven't tried again since then. I checked online and Google verification amount of 60 was charged twice but it didn't get charged eventually. Don't know what to do now.

Checked again now. Still doesn't work. A couple of other friends are also affected.[DOUBLEPOST=1382076999][/DOUBLEPOST]Still down. Did you get it to work @rdst_1 ?

Last edited:
Yup even my ICICI debit card was charged by google wallet (for Rs 50 which was refunded in one hour) but even then it showd Card declined.....please update the card. whereas the same card is working fine for paypal.

Hello everyone.......today I tried to add my ICICI Debit Card on Google Play Store (I added it directly when any app is purchased in mobile not from the website of google wallet) and it worked good. I have also been charged an authorization charge for Rs 50 in addition to the app charges.

Please allow me to chime in, because it is something that had bothered me for quite some time.
I had to constantly ask friends, cousins, cousins' friends for favors to make a particular payment. For once or twice it's fine, but as we all know that's not the case, right..? :happy:

IMO the best solution is to get a Credit Card from a bank, period.
Nowadays, SBI offers Credit Card even without asking for Salary Slip, PAN card, etc...
You just need to have a Fixed Deposit in your bank account, which I guess almost all of us usually have in someone's account in our homes (Mom, Dad)
FYI Mom's account is the ideal option, if you are a student ;) (easy to coax)

I was easily able to sign up for a SBI Credit Card and it arrived within a week. It works successfully with Google Play Store, Paypal, as well as international online stores (all three confirmed).

Please note that the limit of your Credit Card in this case will depend on the amount deposited in the Fixed Deposit (~84% of FD amount).

HAPPY SHOPPING
So how to sign up for one? Just contact ur home branch ? And how many types of credit cards do sbi offer and which one to pick ??

Just contact your home branch with the account having a Fixed Deposit.
SBI charges around Rs 300 annually (not sure, will confirm) for the lowest variation of the Credit Card.
I have this very card and it is the SBI VISA Platinum Credit Card, and it works everywhere, literally (Paypal, international online stores, Amazon, eBay, Google Play Store: you name it!!).

Just contact your home branch with the account having a Fixed Deposit.
SBI charges around Rs 300 annually (not sure, will confirm) for the lowest variation of the Credit Card.
I have this very card and it is the SBI VISA Platinum Credit Card, and it works everywhere, literally (Paypal, international online stores, Amazon, eBay, Google Play Store: you name it!!).
Thx a ton

Back