Indian government moves to ban ProtonMail after bomb threat

whats alternative if not proton ?
try JioMail or AdaniMail.

on serious note, Tutanota & Mailbox are way better than proton, but no guarantee those wont be blocked in future.
iIt's not about a particular govt, rather the masses, internet landed in all wrong hands in this country, who can sell their persona/private information for a 10/- coupon. And there is no returning back.
Privacy & democracy in this country is Myth.
Whatever you use, for example you purchase tutanota subscription, its already attached to centralised surveillance system adhar. (banks,mobile, everything is attached you to adhar profile)

gov will have an excuse to ban all privacy related apps/protocols.
No need.
they will chose the "whatsApp model", where you are in a dream that your messages and calls are encrypted.

Last edited:
Every day, the current govt. strives to emulate Sasta China!

The privacy community faced a major setback this week as Skiff was acquired by Notion, forcing users to migrate. I've been busy replacing the Skiff email address with a Proton email address everywhere this week. Fortunately, I used a custom domain on Proton. If using Proton becomes too challenging despite using a VPN, I can easily migrate away without any hassle this time because of a custom domain.

This is so sad. I have a lot of services liked with my proton e-mail. Should I just start changing my email address, or will there be a substantial notice period before any potential ban is implemented?

Back