Indian WoW guild on US servers

corelement

Disciple
Its time indians took over a server like singaporeans and chinese did on gorgonnash!

Regardless of where one has a toon, or if you wanna xfer..
Lets take the initiative and make a guild with indians in it so we too can raid and enjoy this games content instead of PUGGING all the time.

I also vouch that we send a mass email to wow and their ignorance towards india yet have a strong presence in china where the nets not even free.

found a wow google group for indians but there dosnt seem to be ANY SERVER WITH AN INDIAN GUILD thats regular. WTH

the worlds largest MMO has literally NO indian presenece. epic FAIL people

All the far eastern and chinese nations are into online games, the hell is up with india.

I used to trade titan parts on eve online, I got tired of the lack of engame content and dynamic environments ( not to mention after you hit 20billion isk eve gets really BORING ) and found age of conan weirdly bleh so cancelled it. swg < eve

GW I've never played.

And I wont even comment on the for kids part. Board games are for kids, does that mean many adults dont find it enjoyable?

na wow is kids game because the lvl of maturity of most of players ... serious pvp with some one will reslut in a lot of crying kids ... as far as eve if u only play pvm almost all online games will last one a few months at a time ... once u cap your lvls there is nothing much to do other then to do huge raids which means spending hours at a strech middle of night on some raid... and once you collect those items you will end up in a stalemate ..WoW has good pvp game play but the people who you play against make it real bad ... and frustrating.

AoC i enjoyed a lot for the graphics mainly the gore ... choping some ones head off is something that is done very neatly in the game but the game hates ATI ... the moment i changed my video card the game became unplayable ...

Anarchy Online has a very indepth character progression scale .. with each attribute that can be tinkered and made to last and to make a diffrence in pvp .. but it lacks players the servers had only a few people active during the time i could play so very little pvp action ...

With eve i some times spend only 1 to 2 hours in a week and still done a lot in that time i am not sure if you had gone in worm holes and mined it faced massive battles in it.... but those battles and anything can happen nature of null and worm hole areas make it worth playing ... and ofc if i am really bored i can go noob can bating (probablty the reason kids avoid it) ... its a game where you can loose everything you worked months at a strech can be lost in a couple of mins ... which keeps you on your toes.

Eagerly awaiting KoToR Online ... going to be realsed next year ... hope it keeps up with the series .

corelement said:
the hell is up with india.

indians believe that all games should be free. they don't want to pay for them at all. that's why it will never take off here.
kolguy said:
i play Eve online, used to play anarchy online / guild wars / Age of Conan/ Star Wars Galaxies ... wow is for kids .... :p
i actually have eve online with a month's subscription. bought it during a sale but never got around to playing it. is it at all newb friendly now?

spindoctor said:
i actually have eve online with a month's subscription. bought it during a sale but never got around to playing it. is it at all newb friendly now?

it is you must be a bit careful ... there high sec( high security) places were you cant be ganked( killed by other players) unless you do something stupid , there are a group of people who try to make you do something stupid but if you do a few things basic then you will be just fine , once you get to a point where you make a bit of credits ... you can buy ingame time using eve credits legally ... hence no need for paying for game time.

kolguy said:
na wow is kids game because the lvl of maturity of most of players ... serious pvp with some one will reslut in a lot of crying kids ... as far as eve if u only play pvm almost all online games will last one a few months at a time ... once u cap your lvls there is nothing much to do other then to do huge raids which means spending hours at a strech middle of night on some raid... and once you collect those items you will end up in a stalemate ..WoW has good pvp game play but the people who you play against make it real bad ... and frustrating.

AoC i enjoyed a lot for the graphics mainly the gore ... choping some ones head off is something that is done very neatly in the game but the game hates ATI ... the moment i changed my video card the game became unplayable ...

Anarchy Online has a very indepth character progression scale .. with each attribute that can be tinkered and made to last and to make a diffrence in pvp .. but it lacks players the servers had only a few people active during the time i could play so very little pvp action ...

With eve i some times spend only 1 to 2 hours in a week and still done a lot in that time i am not sure if you had gone in worm holes and mined it faced massive battles in it.... but those battles and anything can happen nature of null and worm hole areas make it worth playing ... and ofc if i am really bored i can go noob can bating (probablty the reason kids avoid it) ... its a game where you can loose everything you worked months at a strech can be lost in a couple of mins ... which keeps you on your toes.

Eagerly awaiting KoToR Online ... going to be realsed next year ... hope it keeps up with the series .
Well... if youre going to consider a factor of majority across the board for all players, take into account wow's population is HUGE compared to other games. There are just as stupid people in eve.

I've had my share of eve, I was one of the first indians to play on it according to a GM I talked to back in 2003. I stopped playing eve in 2008. My thirst for pvp has been quenched. I fly every ship, have every ship except my own capitals. Ive traded titans,

Just goes to say, people arent always in for pvp in wow.

Played a lot between 2007-2008. Gave up after that -

(1). Too demanding. No use unless you can play for 4-5 hrs everyday, else no progress. Difficult unless you are in college with lots of freetime. Difficult to manage work, wife and WoW(the 3 Ws :)

(2). Timezone difference. Logon and LFG for 2 hrs, logoff.

Incidentally i was in an Indian guild with over 15 players, both on deathwing and frostmourne.

I actually like Warhammer Online , and played it for a few months. Pity the pvp sucked. It was easy to logon, play, logoff. No raiding and stuff.

corelement said:
Well... if youre going to consider a factor of majority across the board for all players, take into account wow's population is HUGE compared to other games. There are just as stupid people in eve.

I've had my share of eve, I was one of the first indians to play on it according to a GM I talked to back in 2003. I stopped playing eve in 2008. My thirst for pvp has been quenched. I fly every ship, have every ship except my own capitals. Ive traded titans,

compared to wow the maturity level of people playing in Eve and most other MMO's is better ... weather you accept it or not a majority of players that play in wow are under 14. The same goes to a small extent to Guild Wars.

Vinny said:
. Timezone difference. Logon and LFG for 2 hrs, logoff.

most MMO's have that same problem Indian peak time mostly is early morning US and afternoon europe timing ...making it very diffcult in a lot of games to actually do any raids in those timing.

i have none ... most polls i have seen reagarding wow age says it varies between 22 to 28 as average age ... but most people commenting on them also they how easy it is to misrepresent age in them. My reasoning behind saying such a statement is that is that i have found to have least level of maturity compared to other MMO's i have been playing MMO's for just a bit over a decade now and have played a lot of them and ofcourse one of them was WOW ... i actually never ran around wide range of groups and from interaction with such groups i made that claim.

Reactions in raids ... in mass pvp where people go emo is also part of the reasoning behinde the statement.

Does it affect your game play ... probably not for most people .... it becomes a problem when one player holds a raid or some pvp fun for ransom ... has happened to me in several games , its the higest in WoW which has is the reasoning not favoring the game...some people might even agree and go with it ... but couple with the fact that you get only a few hours to play every day and if that is getting spoiled by some brat you feel the punch.

corelement said:

+1, Nothing can beat WoW. it simply rocks. :)

Personally I picked up WoW after finishing grad school in the US and then starting a job there. I moved back to India about a year ago and I still play WoW albeit slightly more casually (i was in a guild that got pre-nerf M'uru back in tbc)

The main problem with games like WoW taking off in india is 1) cost 2) network infrastructure 3) lack of a solid gaming culture.

$13-15 per month is just too expensive for most Indians. Broadband in India is still really awful; there is typically heavy latency fluctuations, outages, power cuts, packet losses and generally bad (=cheaper) routing.

Gaming in India is also not really part of the culture; video games are viewed as a children's leisure activity and usually frowned upon.

Anyway; I typically get 330-390ms when my internet (bsnl broadband home 1000) works. This is after using all possible tcp/ack etc type fixes and battleping (a free aus tunneling service). This makes most PvE raiding tolerable but PvP/arenas are still horribly frustrating so I avoid PvP entirely.

I'm in a 6/12 heroic ICC25 guild; I also play with some friends from the old server I was on in the US on my rogue and I'm 7/12 heroic icc25 with them.

I typically play on alexstraza/illidan/lightbringer.

Hmm 1 more thing; how do you guys plan on buying Cataclysm ? I use my american debit card to pay subscriptions. However trying to buy SC2 with it isn't working since the billing address is now in India.

Are there any game importers that would bring an NA version of WoW cata for example ? (or SC2 lol)

One last thing; I see a lot of people saying the community in WoW is bad. This is generally true however it is bound to happen when a niche game hits mainstream. Games like EVE online are extremely niche, so you won't find the immature audience there (usually).

By making entry level WoW extremely accessible blizzard sort of destroyed the baseline community. However it can be argued that top level content (high level hard mode PvE raid design and 3s/5s) are much well tuned and involved.

In any case if you can find yourself a good guild or group of players you regularly raid with; the overall community is largely irrelevant.

Wow is populated by some whiners, every mmo is. You gotta live with that. And top end content is anything but newb friendly. Try 0 lights yogg or lk heroic. and world pvp is another often neglected area of wow, nothing better than camping lowbies in STV :D

Back