OC & Modding India's second? super chilled run :)

KiD0M4N

Skilled
Hi all-

Following on the footsteps of Harshal, we started off with the big kahuna :) Straight off LN2 without messing around with DICE (ofcourse, DICE was on the table, but we wanted to see if our preparations (mounting, pot, insulation skills, modding skills, etc.) were good enough for LN2.

We just finished a very tiring day of runs (I had to do the LN2 pouring owning to my physical size :p but it was good fun overall.)

Results and a million pics will be put in this thread after we are done with tomorrow.

Btw, a few teaser pics :)

Since we could not FIND set pieces for mounting the pot and had decided on doing it all, we tried to improvise with wooden pieces.... 4 hours with the dremel kit got us somewhat into the design, but soon we realized that it wasn't worth the raking backs.

A little trip by me and Ad1tya to AC Market, Tardeo (anyone trying to attempt this should visit this area and ask for Annup... awesome and very skilled metal worker.)

We had to custom make the mounting screwes as well as we could not source them anywhere for reasonable rates.

The mounting plates :) Ingenious, ain't it :)

Whooooose.....

Oxyacetelyne....

Sorry for the blurred photos, a puny iPhone here (better pics tomo, promise.)

Can you see the big smile in his face? Thats cuz I forced him to stand next to the LN2 Dewar :) (thats SuperFrag, a team member from Mumbai.)

The prime accused, sentenced to serve under extreme cooling and extreme voltages: 2 x E8400, 1 x Q6600, 1 x E6600, 1 x E6750, 1 x E4300. (unfortunately no unlocked multis)

The bunch of poor hardware accused for torture :p But the good thing is = zero dead hardware after the FIRST LN2 sessions (by 4 people who had never even gone close to 0C before.) And we went as far as -130C and experienced the famous Cold Boot Bug (CPU+mobo too cold to work :p), so we had to pipe down to DICE :) Gotten to sub 9 easy... I will update the thread with pics and details once we get a "real" score, so to say.

Many many thanks to my team mates for making this event possible. Super thanks to hawk for making LN2 a possibility, Ad1 for his versatility, Super for his supreme enthusiasm which kept us going through the chilled times (so to say :p) and every on the forums for their encouragement.

Regards,

Karan

Team [E]rodov

thebanik said:
omg!!!! do i see 2 3870x2 there?????????????????? Yours scores are gonna be rocking!!!! Goodluck on your runs today.

LOL, the card is bigger than the MoBo itself!!! :rofl:
Good going... waiting for your "real" scores... :eek:hyeah:

OMFG!!! :O

Rock the party Karan and Ad1...

Hoping to see the young guns achieve a good score..
Best Wishes...

Thanks for the encouragement anymore. Before I go mad uploading a million pics, I must say, all the encouragement we got only fired us on more to push for more. Cannot believe we had so much fun benching :)

First of all, our entry in -100C club with a lot of effort:

resulting in:

(the minimum reading in the Blitz Extreme Bios)

A lot of preparation into ensuring that we did not have ANY dead hardware at the end of the sessions.... (and we succeeded :p)

It was unanimously decided that I "had" to handle the dewar :)P):

Haaris (aka has33 aka Hawk @ [E]rodov) proves a very extreme DICE handler :)

A little help from DICE during the more powerful LN2 runs :)

Superfrag (aka Superfrag @ [E]rodov) watching the new "3DMark05" movie with awe :p

After running all the tests with the single X2, we believed it was time to experience the power of 2:

How in the FREAKING HELL are you supposed to cool down 2 monster cards? If not via that^^

Thanks for the encouragement anymore. Before I go mad uploading a million pics, I must say, all the encouragement we got only fired us on more to push for more. Cannot believe we had so much fun benching :)

First of all, our entry in -100C club with a lot of effort:

resulting in:

(the minimum reading in the Blitz Extreme Bios)

A lot of preparation into ensuring that we did not have ANY dead hardware at the end of the sessions.... (and we succeeded :p)

It was unanimously decided that I "had" to handle the dewar :)P):

Haaris (aka has33 aka Hawk @ [E]rodov) proves a very extreme DICE handler :)

A little help from DICE during the more powerful LN2 runs :)

Superfrag (aka Superfrag @ [E]rodov) watching the new "3DMark05" movie with awe :p

After running all the tests with the single X2, we believed it was time to experience the power of 2:

We decided to first try out and see if we could get crossfire-x working (hence the TRUE cooler on the CPU. However the IX38 GT was fully prepped for LN2 prior to that.)

Which freaking Vista?

Vista SP1 takes too LONG to install!

A little football (Manu vs Arsenal) doesn't hurt during a Crossfire-X investigation.

Also, if you thought that you could freeze a apple in a glass bowl:

then don't do so:

:(

A "thanda thanda shower" !!!!

Results in next post :)

Karan

Team [E]rodov

All right, time for the results.

I must say, benching LN2 with a "good pot" isn't a easy task. Particularly when the temps drop below -130C in a jiff and you are left fighting cold bug/cold boot issues!

And this being the first time any of us went below +15C air cooling, we were left clueless sometimes! But we did pretty well, and ZERO dead hardware after almost around 24hours of benching :)

Our main CPUs being multi limited to 9, we faced lots of issues with pushing the FSB high enough to get respectable scores :) However, we did our best....

SuperPi 1M best score on DICE: 8.818seconds

3dmark03 on DICE and GeCube 3870X2 air cooling: 72335 3dmarks.

3dmark05 on DICE and GeCube 3870X2 air cooling: 31756 3dmarks

3dmark06 on DICE and GeCube 3870X2 air cooling: 20602 3dmarks.

Max CPU screenshot on DICE:

Best temp sustained in bios: -128C bios.

Thanks to Ad1, Haarish (aka Hawk) and finally SuperFrag for making this [E]rodov event possible.

Many thanks to Tirupati for lending us some very awesome hardware to bench with at such short notice.

Many thanks to our girlfriends/wives/family to not "entirely" ditch us when we pursue such crazy stuff :)

Hope you liked it :)

Karan and team,

Team [E]rodov

PS: Superfrag was caught trying to manually "lift" the scores.... I hope this doesn't count as h4x :)

:p

PS: Ln2 results and 65 conroe love coming soon :p hehehehe....

lol! man awesome dude! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun :p should have taken some videos too :D

good works guys hats off to you all :D

ronnie_gogs said:
awesome guys..... great work....
hope some now breaks the overclocking record of 7.2 ghz by FUGGER....

It aint tat easy boss...

Wat our young guns achieved shud hold fer a while..

Fugger/Kingpin've been doing this since a long while;
For us its a small step fer a giant leap..

Indeed its a great effort..
Hats off to all of them... :) :eek:hyeah:

Back