India's Tour of Australia - 2011

Lost again.
<
This tour is not worth watching. Atleast they dropped sehwag, this should put some sense into him and hopefully next time he won't take his place in the team for granted.

On a side note, Yuvraj has been diagnosed with a malignant cancer. Feeling really bad for him, Cancer at his age is really sad. He is a fighter, hope he gets well soon.
<

Good part is that England will now come out of the delusion of being the best test team in the world. Bad part is that Indians will use this as an excuse for their failure on overseas tests. (mummy dekho uske bhi to number kam aaye hai)

What strike by Dhoni!

That six..!! Even while he aint 100% on health it seems..

His achievements has started to eclipse the aura Sachin held without a hint of a competition.

And throw Sehwag out.. enough of his 2 bit inns and one in a 10 match brilliance. Can def afford him to be left out.

If india lost todays match it would be all dhoni's fault . 6 runs for 20 odd balls . he didn't even tried to give strike to raina . And he boasts about he wanted to take the match to the end , nobody wants to take the match to the last ball .

nobody wants to take the match to the last ball .

a little bee bumbled in my ear that must be the precise instruction given, to make the matches more entertaining to catch a few more eyeballs for a rather dull tri-series!
<

that has been the case with more and more espn-star matches coz they cant compete with rigged IPL in terms of excitement and thus eventually losing out on ad money!!!

My blood boils looking at the way Dhoni approaches every match. Granted the situation was not conducive to stroke making, but to me it seems he is now in a habit to waste so much time in the crease that the total becomes beyond reach. And then in the end he would score a few hits, remain not-out and then people praise him for scoring those pathetic 30s-40s! When he came out the required RR was around 9 or 10 and at one point in time he had scored 8 or 9 runs of 25 balls! In a freaking T20! How disgusting!

Wow! Almost a repeat show by Dhoni today! Gambhir's comment in the press conference post match completion speaks a lot about how he (maybe others too) feels about Dhoni!

It was an exciting match and that last six by dhoni was really massive, two wins for india as well as aus and 0 wins for srilanka till now, srilanka needs to win some matches now to stay relevant in the series.

There was an article on cricinfo critising the tactics used by Dhoni in 1st ODI/T20. Reasons were: 1. Pitches in Aus are not same as India where the bowl starts to keep low 2. Spinners dont as many over in death overs.

Two things happened today: 1. Adelaide pitch is nearest to the picthes in India 2. Spinner did bowl many death overs.

We all saw how Dhoni struggled during the 1st match/T20. The same old wait and then rush to the finish dint work. If keeps up this tactics, I dont see we winning matches on bouncy pitches.

All said, now I cant find the article
<

And here's another nailbiter which need not be. Dhoni needs to realise he cant rely on his luck and rank bad deliveries (Malinga's last one) to scamper to the finish. He ran out Gambhir and Pathan.

Why nobody objected when Srilanka bowled 5 balls in 30 over and now every body is cribbing about it.

Are the ampires at fault here or team should have raised it then and there itself?

First of all india were lucky that malinga didn't bowl yorker in the final delivery otherwise it'd been all over,Rohit sharma has been throwing his wicket foolishly and kohli hasn't performed in last few games that's why the matches are going till the dead end.

What-a-match! I am happy with the result at the end of the day since I had given up all hopes after we needed 24 in last 2 overs!

^ Grr.. that line.. and ur avatar.. both makes me more angry now..
<

It was a match we should ve won..

But lets say.. prolly will keep our feet grounded

2) Indian team will get the hang of fact that they can win if they dont throw wickets

3) Some God Damn Idiot should have spoken within the 20 overs time span about the 5 ball over ..
<

5 ball or 6 ball over did not matter.

the match could have been comfortably won had dhoni not wasted time earlier during the third powerplay
<

Funny One

The Unreal Times commissioned Ravi Shastri to interview the Indian skipper and get his perspective on one of the most fascinating ODI encounters in recent times.

Excerpts from Shastri’s interview with Dhoni:
Ravi Shastri (RS): Well, MS, another thrilling encounter that went down to the wire. Your thoughts on the game?

Mahendra Singh Dhoni (MSD): Well, of course, it is important to make sure that every match is…er…Shastribhai, what exactly does ‘going down to the wire’ mean? Dravid bhai explained what ‘going down’ means but…what the hell does…
RS (interrupting): But MS, was it necessary to take it to the final delivery? I mean, around the 40[sup]th[/sup] over, you needed less than a run a ball?

MSD: Yaar, as it is, these Sri Lankans play such boring cricket, what with their scrappy fielding and their motley bunch of annoying spinners. As the captain of the most popular cricket team, I consider it my duty to save cricket by ensuring that matches with boring teams turn out to be interesting. Besides, considering how much we suck in Test cricket, doesn’t it makes sense to make that format the most interesting in which we are the champions?
RS: Hmm, okay. But how is Gauti (Gambhir) taking it? Considering you ran him out when he was well on the way to closing the game, then yet again played the shot of the match, and even won the Man of the Match this time around?

MSD (quietly): Gauti hasn’t been talking to me since last evening, since he thinks I stole his thunder. But then it was important to run him out. He was threatening to finish it off by the 48th over. As far as the “Man of the Match†award is concerned, I’ll put in a word to Srinivasan saar to include it in the team’s rotation policy.

RS: MS, at any stage of the chase, did you sense the match slipping out of your hands?

MSD: Hmm…yeah, I had a few anxious moments when four runs were required off the last two balls with Vinay Kumar on strike. I was very apprehensive that he would take the aerial route and finish it there itself, but fortunately he kept his cool and decided otherwise, which gave me just enough time to call him for a non-existent single and run him out (grins).

RS: Disappointed with Ashwin for not contributing more with the bat?

MSD: Yes, of course. He could have played a few more dot balls to set it up nicely for me. Six required off the last ball is a lot cooler than four of it (smiles).

RS: Well, MS, you have definitely proved that you are indeed “Captain Coolâ€. Do the boys also address you by that monicker?

MSD: Some of them, yeah, but Sachin paaji says I will be “Captain Cool†only after I learn to speak like you. I agree…F***k man, despite all my heroics, you still trended above me on Twitter after the match. So I am planning to do a crash course called ‘Discover the Shastri in you’ from IIPM after the end of this series.
(Shastri blinks and blinks hard before regaining his poise)

RS: Have a good one, MS.

MSD: Thanks, Ravi

RS (facing the camera): Ladies and gentleman who will read this transcript, we have had a cracker of an interview. Over 10 questions have been asked! Over 10 answers have been answered! And in the end…(At this point, an UnReal team member snatches the microphone from Shastri, and attempts to shove him away from the camera’s view. Shastri grapples frantically with him and with great effort pops his head back into the cmera’s view to scream “) …CRICKET IS THE REAL WINNER!â€

SL were playing below their level. Droppiing catches and below-par fielding/run-out chances. Wondering if they dont want to upset india(world power in the world of cricket).

Lol at the above post . quite funny

Back