India's Tour of Australia - 2011

^ And pigs will fly
<

Indian Team has gone to the dogs observing the inconsistent performance of all the players irrespective of their exp or tenure. Seems they score in some match only due to fear of being dropped or losing their fan following/advt contracts.

now back to square one .. hope we are able to defend the ASIA cup title

The right thing happened. India did not deserve to be in the finals of this tri series, imo. We are still beasts on home soil though (I think), so hopefully we'll defend the Asia Cup. Sachin getting is 100th ton vs Pak won't be that bad
<

^^ Absolutely. Rather than lament about the tied match, India should have beaten Australia at least 1 more time. That would have ruined Australia chances for finals and would have been a more complete performance from India. dont understand why India fails against them. Look at Sri Lanka. They beat Australia thrice.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

^^ Absolutely. Rather than lament about the tied match, India should have beaten Australia at least 1 more time. That would have ruined Australia chances for finals and would have been a more complete performance from India. dont understand why India fails against them. Look at Sri Lanka. They beat Australia thrice.

Looking at matches between Ind-Aus in CB Series 2012, the results were, Australia won by 65 runs, Australia won by 110 runs, Australia won by 87 runs & only win Ind had was 2 ball close win, so Aus beat Ind rather comprehensively so whats the point saying we should have won against Aus.

On the other hand, Ind-SL, the results were, India won by 4 wickets, "Match tied" 9 runs were reqd from 6 balls, Sri Lanka won by 51 runs, India won by 7 wickets

so weren't 9 runs from 6 balls easier to get? Match won 4 pts we scrape ahead of SL, simple. (also not to forget the 1 Missed Ball of 30th over
<
)

Thats why I stated the Tied match cost us the finals spot.

The dumb bcci cost us the spot tbh.

Keeping its own interest ahead of a wisely planned itinerary will take its toll. None of the players seemed interested in playing cricket until the last match. And within 10 days i think we have the asia cup as well. The surely somewhere near the IPL tamasha will be planned. So keep the players on the road and then expect them to play with vigor is asking for too much.

Reaching the finals by beating only Sri Lanka is a "jugaad" way. They needed to beat Australia one more time, That way they would have had a realistic chance in the finals.

Beat Australia in Australia, like CBseries '08.

What a match today. Sri Lanka soooooooooo deserves to be in the finals. They fought till the end. Had it been India on 144/6, the folks would have started planning where to go shopping

Reaching the finals by beating only Sri Lanka is a "jugaad" way. They needed to beat Australia one more time, That way they would have had a realistic chance in the finals.

Beat Australia in Australia, like CBseries '08.

No its not a JUGAAD way but was only way to get into finals looking at performance of Indian team against Aus, we were comprehensively beaten by Aus (infact Aus earned 2 Bonus Points from India) & would have been the same if ever we were into finals. You can easily calc the points table, had we won that tied match which was very much possible rather than expecting Ind to beat Aus.

Comparing CB Series 2008 is not reasonable as back then we had Fit players & better mindset, here absence of Yuvraj, lack of bowling attack, internal differences of Sr. Jr. Players in 2011-2012 really costed us abroad.

What a match today. Sri Lanka soooooooooo deserves to be in the finals. They fought till the end. Had it been India on 144/6, the folks would have started planning where to go shopping

Indeed a superb fightback by SL for nowhere position in match, had they maintained composure for last 5 overs, instead of attacking each ball they should have taken runner ball approach till 48th over then go for all out attack, Tharanga's wicket was crucial & match turning.

Ind players will be still out there shopping in Melbourne, shopping plans are made well before the tour so that time is not wasted during actual series
<
, no wonder tests ended in 3-4 days of play.

My point is not about just reaching the finals. They would have rolled over and died against the Aussies.

If they had beaten Aus one more time, Aus would have been out of the finals, and India could have done away with SL.

India should have chased 250 something in the last match against Aus. Peroid.

SL have earned everybody's respect by playing the way they have. Dravid's defense of nonperforming, overpaid, "celebrity" cricketers has fallen flat on its face.

All these jugaad ways of reaching finals and no. 1 spot are exactly what needs to be done away with.

And why should not we bring in the last tours' results? Sheesh.

saw the latest Pepsi commercial about making a change to football? Guess they're tired of sponsoring the failing cricket team. good choice imo.

Back