Laptops Info Needed: Good Apple MacBook service centres in Bangalore

awestriker

Disciple
Hi Folks,

I purchased a Apple Macbook from iStore @ MG Road in Bangalore in Septemeber 2009. Recently from couple of months it has started giving some problems. I had taken it to iStore, but I doubt whether the technicians know anything about the issues.

Yesterday the macbook battery didn't charge at all :huh:, and after searching thorugh forums I realised that these are signs of battery goind dead. If that happens then I'm gone. It'll cost me few grands get a new one :'(.

As my macbook is under warranty hence I request folks please suggest me some good and trustworthy macbook repair centre in Bangalore wherein I can get it checked :sos:.

Regards,
Awe

What did the folks at the istore suggest when you took the MB to them? Apple has a very reputed customer service unlike HP/Compaq which's quite obvious for a premium product you've purchased!

Since it has warranty, get it diagnosed/repaired/replaced at the iStore itself. More so, if you bother to search in Google, the Apple.in site does show the service centres in your city. ;)

Will battery be covered under the warranty? i was going through the fine print, and i read that "normal" reduction in charging will not be covered.

so whats the point of the warranty and even the Apple Protection plan w.r.t. battery and say even the LCD..

This looks more than a normal reduction in charging. Battery not charging is clearly a bigger problem than this.

It will be covered under the warranty.

Hi everyoone,

The very next day, my laptop started charging. However, I took it to iStore in MG Road, Bangalore. I have spent a lot on this Macbook Pro and I want it perfect, the way Mac claims.

The customer service is very poor in this store.

1. The apple technician did not believe me that I had the issue of laptop 'Not charging'. Luckily, I had a screenshot showing the error message. He still didn't believe me !!!!!

2. And, Nirmal, apple technician, didn't know how to check if the battery is in good working condition. He kept calling Kiran, another technician, to get the troubleshooting steps.

2. While testing, the Nirmal found that there was short circuit in the laptop in the right arm rest. :(

So, I agreed to leave the Macbook for further diagnosis.

3. And, I was told to expect a call the next day on the status. I never got a call.

4. I called them around 6 pm. This time, Kiran told me that Nirmal is not available. And, he does not have the status of my Mac. Ridiculous !

5. And, throughout the discussion whether it be over phone or in person, both Nirmal and Kiran kept suggesting me to take the extended warranty plan which costs approximately 13K. They are confident that my machine will go wrong once its out of warranty ! $#%&*@. Its my damn hard earned money ! I don't want to waste around 70K on something that will work for just an year.

6. I had asked them if they found any similar issues with Macbook pro. They said they got a laptop the previous day, and it was an OS problem. So, when I asked them to upgrade my OS, they told me that it will cost me ! $%&$%

7. I told them that I will raise a complaint to Apple regarding this issue and the kind of service I am getting for my Mac, they were not bothered. They asked me to do it. Could someone tell me where can I post a complaint to Apple.

8. Still no luck with my Macbook. It shows 2 hours remaining and 85% power. And, changes to 3.5 hours remaining with 70% power. I am really upset with the Macbook Pro.

Thanks in advance,
Awe

ok i had similar issue. the system menu icon always said battery not charging. and i would have to swivel the magsafe cord a bit, and at a rare chance it would start charging. it always did kept running on power though, just didnt charge the battery.

also, my cord had turned bad yellow at near the magsafe terminal that goes into the machine. so with those symptoms and suggestions on support.apple.com it came out that my adapter cord has gone awry. so i replaced the adapter from "Imagine" apple reseller while i was in Pune. Costs a bomb.

I think you should try to go to one of the other Premium Resellers rather than the iStore to get the MBP fixed. The iStore's in Pune, in my experience have the worst staff who know jacksquat about anything and are not ready to help at all.

On the other hand, iMagine replaced my friends 15' Pro when it started giving him problems. At the end of the day, all these people are Apple Resellers after all, so their service i have noticed, is a hit and miss.

Good luck with your problem though, hope it gets sorted! And if everything else fails, just document all the problems in a lengthy email and try the Hail Mary pass, that is emailing
Code:
sjobs@apple.com

Also, speaking of your Battery issues, you should install coconutBattery and check what the state of your Battery is in currently.

Hi everyone,

I had missed to add one more:

9. When I went to collect my Macbook yesterday, the technician Kiran had no clue on the short circuit issue. And, he denied that the short circuit was detected in the iStore when I took it for servicing the first day.

Thanks a lot Powersurge for the apple's email id and suggestion on CoconutBattery. It said my battery is 6 months old. I am feeling relieved.

I am planning to take it to Imagine store in Forum Mall, Bangalore over the next weekend. If I am not happy, I will send an email to sjobs@apple.com.

Thanks everyone for your support,

Awe

Back