Intel breaks silence on 13th and 14th-gen Raptor Lake desktop CPU instability issues

Intel Core 13th and 14th Gen Desktop Instability Root Cause Update (09-25-2024)

"Regarding the 0x12B update, Intel® is working with its partners to roll out the relevant BIOS update to the public (will take weeks).
Intel’s internal testing comparing 0x12B microcode to 0x125 microcode – on Intel® Core™ i9-14900K with DDR5 5200MT/s memory1 - indicates performance impact is within run-to-run variation (ie. Cinebench* R23, Speedometer*, WebXPRT4*, Crossmark*). For gaming workloads on Intel® Core™ i9-14900K with DDR5 5600MT/s memory2, performance is also within run-to-run variation (ie. Shadow of the Tomb Raider*, Cyberpunk* 2077, Hitman 3: Dartmoor*, Total War: Warhammer III – Mirrors of Madness*). However, system performance is dependent on configuration and several other factors."

edit:
To check whether your Intel CPUs are in good condition or not, this tool is available:

Apparently, will give a green confirmation box if your CPU is in good condition (couldn't test this as I have AMD CPU based laptop).

Last edited:
Back