CPU/Mobo Intel chipset or Intel branded

maskedfri said:
Which is better? Intel chipset or Intel branded. For performance, price, service, stability, etc.

What you planning to buy. Intel what..? CPU/motherboard/board with Intel chipset..?

waseem46 said:
intel chipset FTW!!!... branded sucks

Also do not know, what this answer means, or how it answers the original vague question..?

asingh said:
What you planning to buy. Intel what..? CPU/motherboard/board with Intel chipset..?

Also do not know, what this answer means, or how it answers the original vague question..?

I meant to ask for intel motherboard .. my processor preference is intel core 2 duo processor .. and a decent graphics card ..

@OP:

Intel vanilla boards are good. But you cannot overclock using them. If you want the basic chipset features, PCI.E and RAM connectivity then Intel boards are fine.

asingh said:
@OP:
Intel vanilla boards are good. But you cannot overclock using them. If you want the basic chipset features, PCI.E and RAM connectivity then Intel boards are fine.

for high end gaming and applications which board will be better chipset or branded ..

Intel original motherboards are good for a basic user, but if you want to get good performance coupled with a decent price tag go in for motherboards from ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI which are a little more expensive but much more powerful.:eek:hyeah:

Intel Board : Normal performance.

MSI/Gigabyte/ASUS : Normal performance + extended performance via overclock options.

You can do high end gaming on normal Intel boards too.

ALPHA17 said:
Intel original motherboards are good for a basic user, but if you want to get good performance coupled with a decent price tag go in for motherboards from ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI which are a little more expensive but much more powerful.

affirmative

If you do not plan to overclock, then Intel branded mobos are as good as any other manufacturers.

In fact, its pretty accurate to call these "Intel branded" mobos, because AFAIK Intel doesn't manufacture mobos. It usually asks a manufacturer to supply them, and rebadges them as "Intel".

I believe my own Intel DP35 mobo is a rebadged Foxconn mobo.

My first choices were P35 Abit or Gigabyte mobo, but on the day I went to purchase the rig, these mobos were not available at SP road :mad:. I was forced to take Intel as I didn't want to go again to SP road, but I have not had any regrets after taking the Intel mobo. You could call it an "Arranged Marriage" :eek:hyeah:

I'm amazed by Intel's support for their H/W. I think the mobo came out sometime in mid of 2007, and Intel was still providing BIOS and some driver updates till July 2009, 2 years later.

But on the other hand, if you want to overclock, the Intel branded mobos are a no-go. They have zilch support for overclocking.

Overall, although it was not my first choice, I'm pretty satisfied with the Intel mobo.

^+1

yup, as far as quality, performance and support is concerned, Intel boards are actually very good.

Only drawback is the complete lack of OC options in bios.

My first choices were P35 Abit or Gigabyte mobo, but on the day I went to purchase the rig, these mobos were not available at SP road . I was forced to take Intel as I didn't want to go again to SP road, but I have not had any regrets after taking the Intel mobo
yea.. god knows what is it with these stupid SP Road dealers and their love affair with Intel boards. They try to push this to anyone who comes to their shops as if they have any idea about the product they are selling!! Had been there just couple of days back trying to find an i5750 mobo and one guy was refusing to sell me just the i5 750. Insisted that I also buy the Intel P55 mobo with it!!

pretttt said:
one guy was refusing to sell me just the i5 750. Insisted that I also buy the Intel P55 mobo with it!!

Hmm. It is suggestive that the distri mafia was offering these guys some discounts on selling the two together .

[OT Rant]

I am increasing finding that SP road is not really a nice place. The people here have bad attitudes, and to top it all, they never have stuff you want in stock :no:.

My unfulfilled shopping list at SP road just gets longer and longer :huh:.

-Abit / Gigabyte P35 mobo not available, a few years ago

-Corsair 16GB flash drives not available, some time earlier

-Asus Xonar DX not available, from 2 weeks earlier.

Dear God, when will we get our own newegg?

I was at Mumbai before coming to B'lore, and Lamington Road was a hundred times better than SP Road (Or is that just nostalgia creeping in :hap5:)

[/OT Rant]

Would any day recommend a Gigabyte/Asus/MSI/Abit branded board over an Intel Original. Intel Original boards used to be great in the Pentium 2 Era. After that they have always been of questionable quality. I have had bad experience and so did many of my friends

Intel motherboards are of amazing quality. Their quality control is amazing, I've never come across anyone with a DOA Intel board. They usually last very very long too.

What platform are you on? If you dont plan on overclocking, Intel motherboards are a very decent choice. Entry level motherboards with the same chipset from other board partners are often cheaper though.

if you are a basic user and dont use system for gaming and all then safely opt for intel. Else if you need extra juice (features) go other way--asus, gigabyte, msi, evga etc.

btw wats your budget?

post your complete system specs so we can suggest you properly.

Back