CPU/Mobo Intel "Conroe" July 23, AMD Socket F July 11

@ Harshal, a BadAxe is just not worth it for any of the Conroe Planners.
Just tooooooo many Mods have to be done to get it upto 3.5 Ghz.
It has NO, VCore options. And frankly, i was surprised that it even had FSB Options.

So which are the current boards that supports Conroe. Just curious. I have heard some ASUS boards supports C2D, which are they.

All good news GF... for once I agree... even the 2.4/2.67 GHz versions should R&R :eek:hyeah:

Intel inside... AMD outside it seems, well can't say I'm a fanboi :bleh: , I got both now

liquidplasma6 said:
Will conroe be socket T (775) ??

I can build a computer right now with the cheap 805 and upgrade later if it is 775
yes conroe too is based on lga 775
the problem is there arent many motherboards supporting conroe yet. The board revisions supporting conroe is very difficult to find too.

its better to wait for conroe to launch first and then build a new pc altogether.

At the moment only Intel D975XBX is available in india.

The version 304 supports conroe and with simple bios mod with intel devloper kit it can be fully unlocked to reveal all voltage options.

If its 302 or older revision you need to solder 4 small smd components which aint too hard for person with little experience but thats not exactly conviniant.

And the cost of this board in India is whopping 19-20K.

So at the moment just wait for 965 series and modified 975 boards from other manufacturers to be available.

Back