CPU/Mobo Intel Or AMD ?

AMD has advantage on graphics & cost. You can hold on for graphic card if buy on AMD platform. HD 4290 (HD 550V) will play most of games at lower resolutions. I too had apprehension like you regarding AMD because I was made to believe by dealers the fabricated bad image image of AMD mostly by dealers and so called paid agents online & those reviewers ofcourse. I took a decision to switch over to AMD 04 years back initially due to cost & now advantage of superior inbuilt graphics of ATI. I am happy about my choice and my systems are way ahead of my coleagues of intel based systems and on the average my system is 5-8000 cheaper at the same time superior to them.

premsharma695 said:
AMD has advantage on graphics & cost. You can hold on for graphic card if buy on AMD platform. HD 4290 (HD 550V) will play most of games at lower resolutions. I too had apprehension like you regarding AMD because I was made to believe by dealers the fabricated bad image image of AMD mostly by dealers and so called paid agents online & those reviewers ofcourse. I took a decision to switch over to AMD 04 years back initially due to cost & now advantage of superior inbuilt graphics of ATI. I am happy about my choice and my systems are way ahead of my coleagues of intel based systems and on the average my system is 5-8000 cheaper at the same time superior to them.

Ofcourse AMD has advantage in price but no way can you claim it to be superior.

premsharma695 said:
I agree with u that AMD is cost effective BUT It is not superior than Intel. I am not a Fanboy.I built systems for friends.Most of AMD,bcoz of price.

I sort out some boards, but confuse between them .Pls choose best mobo for me :-

1.Asus P7H55D-M Pro

2.Asus P7H55D-M Evo

3.Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H

4.Gigabyte GA-H55-UD3H

If any one know prices, ple tell me .

rahulyo said:
I sort out some boards, but confuse between them .Pls choose best mobo for me :-

If any one know prices, ple tell me .
1.Asus P7H55D-M Pro~ 6.3k

3.Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H ~ 5.4k --> I would suggest this mobo. or 3.Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H ~ 4.4k (Has only 2 RAM slots)

Edit:

If u are getting the i-5 760 and planning to OC it then the Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 ~ 6.3k.

And the prices of PhenomII X6 1090T BE has dipped to 11.45k(SMC, Delhi). So the Phenom with the MSI 880GMA-E45 ~ 5.35k is also a good option IMO if u are planning to keep the rig for sometime. Newer Games will increasing make use of all cores available. Get a 4GB GSkill RipJaws CL9 1600MHz Kit ~ 3.6k and u are all set for a great upgrade :)

rahulyo said:
Is thr any warranty issue with gskill ram?I am really confuse betn x6 1090t and i5 760.
I found G.Skill quality better than Corsair + you should not have any warranty issues with them, if you are getting Intel i5 + Gigabyte cheaper board around the UD2, check for its compatibility with Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz kit as my friend who bought this combo ended up RMAing it and going for standard Transcend JetRAMs :(

For a comprehensive task, prioritize what you wanna do gaming or multitasking ~ if it is gaming Intel but multithreaded apps are purely taken by the Thuban cores go for a cheaper x6 1075T which is a decent performer. Also AMD is out with its last Deneb cores, the AMD x4 970 B.E.

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News - AMD 970 B.E. vs. i5 760

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News - AMD 1090T B.E. vs. i5 760

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News - AMD 1075T vs. i5 760

I need system only For gaming .No encoding.No Rendering .

Main purpose is :-

1.Gaming

2.Gaming

3.OCing

4.Watching HD movies

5.Web surfing

rahulyo said:
I need system only For gaming .No encoding.No Rendering .

Main purpose is :-
1.Gaming
2.Gaming
3.OCing
4.Watching HD movies
5.Web surfing
Then go for the Core i5 760 or wait for Sandy Bridge ( and the accompanying price cuts :) ), or for budget issues go for the AMD Phenom II 970 B.E.

joel.monty said:
I would w8 for sandy bridge ,but i dont think intel will drop its prices.

Waiting for H/W to release is a PITA - I've been waiting for a 1035T to release (non-OEM) for a LONG LONG TIME :( :|

@OP- I'd get my self a core i5-760 + Gigabyte (H55-UD2H~5.5k or P55-US3L~6k) Since its for 1-Gaming,2-Gaming and OC - Thats where I'd put my money at ..

:cool2:

I cant wait for Sandy Bridge bcoz i already sold my cpu+mobo+ram. Now i dont have system.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Pls tell me Which paste i use Intel stock or MX2 ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Urgent !! Urgent !!!

Pls give me alternate of Ga-P55M-UD2 .I ask my dealer it is not available. So pls suggest Another mobo .

Back