CPU/Mobo Intel Processor Price Cuts for July 2010

Infected

Skilled
t's one of our favorite times of the year – CPU price cuts! Intel has updated it processor price list, and there are new models introduced and some older ones getting a price reduction.

Check out Intel's price listing page here, or if you want to go directly to the updated pricing list in PDF, click here.

Notably new in the list is the six-core Gulftown Core i7-970 that hit Newegg at $899 (but is listed at $885, but don't forget that figure is in 1,000 unit quantities). Also new is the Core i7-870s (quad-core, 8 threads) and the i5-750 (quad-core, 4 threads).

With the 82W Core i7-870s coming in, the older 95W Core i7-870 gets a considerable price cut, falling by almost half, from $562 to $294. TechPowerUp has done us all a huge favor and composed a summary table that lists all the updated CPU listings:

intel-cpu-price-cut-july-2010,3-G-255436-13.jpg

Source....

Hope we see the 17 870 here soon and cheaper thats all I am looking forward to from this....

Still overpriced in my opinion
The i5 should be in the vicinity sub 6-8k range to be in for those looking for budget pc. those i see are still 200 $ and upwards.

the funny thing is ....
Read this on another forum a couple of days ago then went to intel's site' and..............nothing ??!!
Couldn'n find anything about this :(
did any body else have better luck??

dasgupta_arup said:
the funny thing is ....

Read this on another forum a couple of days ago then went to intel's site' and..............nothing ??!!

Couldn'n find anything about this :(

did any body else have better luck??
Ya, I read about it on an intel site as well, it had a longer list of price cuts on other processors as well.

Will look for it and then post if i find the link.

^^ the site is blaocked for me, will check it out.

875K VFM compared to the i7 870

Both the 870 and the 870s have yet to reflect the price cuts where as I believe the 875K available here

is priced at 17.5K INR keeping this price cut in mind....The 870 and the 870s should be available for less than 875K.

Which is correct as the 870 is for 13.5K

Back