Storage Solutions Internal HDD - Seagate or Western digital?

cooldude_007 said:
Thank you everyone for your replies, I ordered a 640AAKS Blue series from Amarbir at his lynx-india store :clap: :clap: I could nowhere find them at the "IT capital of india" :no:
@dexter, Good that you bought the 7200.12 instead of green, Heard they're quite slow.(But seagate is kinda vulnerable) :ashamed:

Nice choice there. I think the 640AAKS is not avble in Chennai/Bangalore..
How much did you pay via Amarbir? I think he's the only route to get the WD640AAKS :(

=CrAzYG33K= said:

How much did you pay via Amarbir? I think he's the only route to get the WD640AAKS :(

Rs :3760 including shipping.

i checked with delta and rc automation already; delta don't have wd and rc automation has the green one;also checked with rahul(theitwires) - only green one

satyanjoy said:
same here, waiting for the delivery..welcome to the wd640aaks club :hap2:

Yes, I'm loving it :):clap:

=CrAzYG33K= said:

Check his lynx-india.com website, He has all the details.

cooldude_007 said:
Yes, I'm loving it :):clap:

Check his lynx-india.com website, He has all the details.

I just received it today; the drive is allready partitioned in 4 part-which comes around in 599 gb in total. how many GB are you getting in total ?

I haven't received the drive yet as i ordered it yesterday, He said it'll be shipped on tuesday, BTW use a good partition SW and partition it properly. Or right click on myComputer>manage>disk management and see if there is any unallocated partition/space. Have u benchmarked the drive yet?

satyanjoy said:
I just received it today; the drive is allready partitioned in 4 part-which comes around in 599 gb in total. how many GB are you getting in total ?

Ideally a new hard drive does not come partitioned, so u might wanna check that... :p
Mine when i got it was not partitioned, something which i had to do myself after installing the OS.

clown_abhi said:
Ideally a new hard drive does not come partitioned, so u might wanna check that... :p
Mine when i got it was not partitioned, something which i had to do myself after installing the OS.

^^True :S Sure its a new HDD? Not rectified one right?

satyanjoy said:

lol Amabir gave you a used one? a brand new hard drive would come unpartitioned and also not in any standard filesystem.

clown_abhi said:
So, currently HDDs come already partitioned! Is it? :S

cooldude_007 said:
I haven't received the drive yet as i ordered it yesterday, He said it'll be shipped on tuesday, BTW use a good partition SW and partition it properly. Or right click on myComputer>manage>disk management and see if there is any unallocated partition/space. Have u benchmarked the drive yet?

clown_abhi said:

cooldude_007 said:
^^True :S Sure its a new HDD? Not rectified one right?

Striker10 said:
lol Amabir gave you a used one? a brand new hard drive would come unpartitioned and also not in any standard filesystem.

the drive was partioned in 225.194, and other two .I dont remember the exact size but It was not formatted. Now I have delete the previous partitions.after deletion - it comes into two part -371gb and 225gb. I will check wit amarbir tomorrow regarding the partition. Previouly my two seagate hdd comes blank-never tried WD though.

cooldude_007 said:

here is the benchmark screenies

cooldude_007 said:
^^Lol true, 15-20mbps difference is hardly noticeable. :)
Did u check ur AAKS with amarbir regarding pre-formatted partitions?

yeah, I called him.he said that, may be one of his man used the hard disk for keeping some backup in between some work. they used to keep the hard disk in stack and sometimes being used to keep data in between formatting thier/customer's hard disk. he personally assured about the hard disk and suggest to run some benchmark on it

cooldude_007 said:
My WD caviar blue has 5yrs warranty :clap: . The WD website says 3 yrs though :S

Yeah I know, on the Site they will show 3 Years....
But on the same site if you search specoifically for You Hard disk by entering the Product ID, and your serial key.... they show it to be 5 years....so maybe on later batch products they have no problem in slaushing it down....

Back