International debit card - recommendation please

stefanm

Disciple
I'll be travelling to east Asia in around 6 weeks and my SBI international debit card is worthless abroad, the restrictions on withdrawal are insane and it's hit or miss as to whether or not it'll work.

I did apply for a credit card with SBI, but that seems to be taking forever, the person I've been dealing with was off sick last week and zero progress has been made - comical right?

So, I'm thinking of switching to HDFC as their debit cards work globally without serious restrictions, but which card?

I can't get a forex or prepaid card as I'm an OCI card holder.

Niyo SBM debit card does not work anymore for international transactions, scapia needs a credit history, and is a credit card. If you're fine with credit cards, try IDFC wow credit, it's a secured (fd backed) credit card, shouldn't require credit history.

Niyo SBM debit card does not work anymore for international transactions, scapia needs a credit history, and is a credit card. If you're fine with credit cards, try IDFC wow credit, it's a secured (fd backed) credit card, shouldn't require credit history.
I just tried IDFC online application and it wouldn't accept my pincode.

I'll be travelling to east Asia in around 6 weeks and my SBI international debit card is worthless abroad, the restrictions on withdrawal are insane and it's hit or miss as to whether or not it'll work.
Which SBI card do you have ?
Visa or Rupay. One of known persons use the same without any issues.
And I am sure, there will be both online/offline options to increase the limits (when comes to debit cards)

Which SBI card do you have ?
Visa or Rupay. One of known persons use the same without any issues.
And I am sure, there will be both online/offline options to increase the limits (when comes to debit cards)
I have a visa, for international use it's limited to 40k (not specified for day or month) my bank manager even started not to trust it, as other customers have been stranded as the card didn't work abroad.

I have a visa, for international use it's limited to 40k (not specified for day or month) my bank manager even started not to trust it, as other customers have been stranded as the card didn't work abroad.
Got Visa and Rupay debit cards from SBI..
Both have 2 lakh+ limit but restricted per transaction limit to 50K.
Have not tried/visited abroad, but can easily do international transactions

Got Visa and Rupay debit cards from SBI..
Both have 2 lakh+ limit but restricted per transaction limit to 50K.
Have not tried/visited abroad, but can easily do international transactions
Did you check internet banking or mobile banking app? You should be able to set your own limits.

Back