International debit card - recommendation please

How is scapia?
Any one has here ? Do share your experience.
I am looking to replace that niyo sbm card now for foreign transaction.

got one recently. booked hotel at Singapore, no forex charges. works fine as even as a domestic card also. the entire process is very smooth & fast thanks to our fluid KYC.

will be using at Singapore hopefully without hiccups next month.

How is scapia?
Any one has here ? Do share your experience.
I am looking to replace that niyo sbm card now for foreign transaction.
Used for a few transactions in USD and EUR, was painless and no added fees.

Application process was smooth ish, there's a video kyc in-app, where they ask you KYC questions live, and ask to sign on a blank page, also live on video, that's pretty much the only part that has slight friction.

I got scapia.
Got immediately approved and the physical card is expected to ship in 2 days .
Smooth process till now.

I wish I had got this before made some purchases in US and ended up paying markup fees already.

I didn't knew we get virtual card immediately.

I got scapia.
Smooth process till now.

I wish I had got this before made some purchases in US and ended up paying markup fees already.

New age fin techs are only driving innovation, big banks like HDFC don't need to do anything and their QoQ and YoY profits would go on increasing

I got scapia.
Smooth process till now.

Don't regret that. You can't use the virtual card immediately for foreign transactions. Mine (hotel booking) got denied (this did not show up immediately) a message asking to enable offline transactions first. You can't do that till you get the physical card (you need to scan a QR code for this). All went well once the physical card was in my hands. That took less than a week to reach.

Scapia reduced my cc limit by 3/4.

Not sure why?. Anyone else faced it?

No defaults in payment ever with any banks.

Infact even got message from other bank offering to increase limit.

Same, received an email yesterday. Doesn't matter tbh, was mostly using it for payments in foreign currencies.
Okay. Thanks for confirming.
So I guess everyone got this.

Stupid of them to drop the limit by almost 75%.

Anyways will manage with this limit.

They are doing for every customer and received major backlash.

people card have been reduced from 8L to 20k limit.
I shouldn't be complaining at all. I am still much better in that case.

But still every international card like that SBM and now this is becoming harder to provide value.

Last edited:
this is a problem as these fintechs are dependent on the whims & fancies of some bank mostly with PSU mindset.

scapia worked flawlessly in Singapore. And domestic lounge access.

Haven't used for cas withdrawal, did direct payment on POS machine and online international payments. For cash withdrawal what i know is that one has to pay charges for withdrawal from the bank atm one is withdrawing.

Back