Inverter AC: Sharp or Daikin?

Santy

Disciple
Hi people

I need some suggestions:
City: Navi Mumbai
Room size is 10 x 14 ft.
Floor: 3rd floor of 13
Full size window facing west. Direct Light only in the evening.

I have shortlisted two models
Sharp AH XP 13LV 1.1 ton and
Daikin FTKS35 1.0 ton

Sharp is quoted 34k incl. installation from Vijay Sales.
Daikin is more expensive, labour and accessories extra

Queries are:
Is this capacity sufficient. I just want comfortable chilling not really freezing.
If I keep a setting lower than the capacity of the AC, will it stop running (thereby save more cost)
Which model is more silent, this is quite important for me.
Which model is better of the above in performance/ reliability/ service etc.

Thanks in advance,

Daikin is a premium brand and runs extremely silent.
Service is highly area dependent so you have to check the service centres locally.

Quality and performance wise also Daikin is any day better than Sharp because Daikin is an international expert in air conditioning solutions.

I have one Daikin at home and the service is pretty good in my area.

Thanks for the response.
(Is there no Thank button on this forum? )

Daikin 26 dB (Low), 38 dB (High)
Sharp 39 dB
Not sure whether Sharp has given SPL rating for the highest fan settings.
Let me find out what is the lowest possible cost for Daikin
Till that time I will wait for more suggestions if any

Hi guys.
The price of Daikin is too steep locally - almost 9k more.
So decided to compromise on quality a little and booked Sharp. I think it is more efficient and powerful by 10%.
Daikin was obviously better in quietness and reliability but I was a little tight on my wallet so settled with Sharp.

Now when I asked the technician if he will bring vacuum pump, he said no it is not brought.
When insisted he says, dont worry Saab, we will do it as per our method and there will not be any issues.

I dont know what to do now. Any pointers?

I put so much pressure on the technician that he arranged for a vacuum pump for installation. All is done now.

I have sharp&panasonic installed..I am impressed with service provided by panasonic&also cooling is much better compared to sharp..Both were bought from vijay sales for 32k..installation cost extra.

Sorry didnt notice you already bought sharp..Neways sharp is ok..The service guys tend to reply the same that vaccuming is not required..In my case vaccuming was done with sharp,while it wasnt done while installing panasonic...

Last edited:
Hi guys.
The price of Daikin is too steep locally - almost 9k more.
So decided to compromise on quality a little and booked Sharp. I think it is more efficient and powerful by 10%.
Daikin was obviously better in quietness and reliability but I was a little tight on my wallet so settled with Sharp.

Now when I asked the technician if he will bring vacuum pump, he said no it is not brought.
When insisted he says, dont worry Saab, we will do it as per our method and there will not be any issues.

I dont know what to do now. Any pointers?

Hi Santy,
How is your experience with Sharp inverter ac?
Thinking of buying one.

Back