Inverter for Desktop only

vink

Disciple
where i live, power goes out for 2min comes back sometimes for hrs. just no time table of MSEB
i need backup more than 2-3hrs which is not possible on ups.
i prev. used APC but after its relay failed i stop using it.
i have skylake build, now its parts started showing problems cause freq. power loss. cannot upgrade to new build either.

so now, is it possible to setup inverter and battery only for computer, and not for entire home.
my plan is connect inverter to wall plug and plug power strip on back of inverter and then screen CPU, speaker, connection through it., since most of inverters has only one 3-pin out. of course battry connected on side.
has anybody tried it.?
any problems or suggestion in this setup.?

I'm using luminous zelio 1100 inverter with amaron 150ah battery for my trading system which needs atleast 6+hrs backup in worst condition.
imagine forget to put sl and power goes out..
happens just yday.

how do you connect from inverter? using extension as i estimate?

Relay failure is a very common apc issue. There was a huge inverter thread here search for it you might find the right combination there.
I found it... here.

Relay failure is a very common apc issue. There was a huge inverter thread here search for it you might find the right combination there.
I found it... here.
wow good, i will read it. from APC i been asked to change complete circuit of ups which have costed me around 80% of the ups cost. i just took out the battery and now both of them lying around..

using a home made 6 plug extension.
ok, i guess its custom made from local electrician, i have belkin one i am plannig to use it.

but about the setup, is it good.? do you face any problems and does inverter switch quickly between battery and ac so pc wont shut down?

ok, i guess its custom made from local electrician, i have belkin one i am plannig to use it.

but about the setup, is it good.? do you face any problems and does inverter switch quickly between battery and ac so pc wont shut down?
in luminous inverter there's a switch for "Eco/ups" mode which i've kept on ups mode for no delay transfer.

wow good, i will read it. from APC i been asked to change complete circuit of ups which have costed me around 80% of the ups cost. i just took out the battery and now both of them lying around..
APC is CRAP! Its only good for US/UK regions. It fails in Indian conditions given the climate and impure electricity.

APC is CRAP! Its only good for US/UK regions. It fails in Indian conditions given the climate and impure electricity.
this is so right, it was having problem since start but nothing strong to contact apc so i kept it running, it use to smell short circuit for over a yr. then automatic self test on and off. after contacting cust. service you get standard reply, "warranty over, will not repair, buy new circuit" every f** time. after that i just left it and run pc on normal supply..

now i understand why right to repair matters.
in luminous inverter there's a switch for "Eco/ups" mode which i've kept on ups mode for no delay transfer.
allright. otherwise good?

my battery guy trying to scare me to get whole house wiring done.
i think i should go with my calc. and buy them separatly.
i will wait couple of days, maybe other members have tried it, i need eveyones sugg. on this please....

Last edited:
this is so right, it was having problem since start but nothing strong to contact apc so i kept it running, it use to smell short circuit for over a yr. then automatic self test on and off. after contacting cust. service you get standard reply, "warranty over, will not repair, buy new circuit" every f** time. after that i just left it and run pc on normal supply..

now i understand why right to repair matters.

allright. otherwise good?

my battery guy trying to scare me to get whole house wiring done.
i think i should go with my calc. and buy them separatly.
i will wait couple of days, maybe other members have tried it, i need eveyones sugg. on this please....
using this setup from past 2 yrs without any issue.

where i live, power goes out for 2min comes back sometimes for hrs. just no time table of MSEB
i need backup more than 2-3hrs which is not possible on ups.
i prev. used APC but after its relay failed i stop using it.
i have skylake build, now its parts started showing problems cause freq. power loss. cannot upgrade to new build either.

so now, is it possible to setup inverter and battery only for computer, and not for entire home.
my plan is connect inverter to wall plug and plug power strip on back of inverter and then screen CPU, speaker, connection through it., since most of inverters has only one 3-pin out. of course battry connected on side.
has anybody tried it.?
any problems or suggestion in this setup.?
Possible - yes
But overkill

I get 2 min long power outages between power failure and backup genset kicking in..
Thus a whole house Inverter does not make sense for me

I use APC and Microtek UPSs for PCs / other sensitive electronics
Plus I have a localized Luminous for a specific power point - This point can draws over 600W -700W at full load
Thus even though I had a 1100VA UPS for this, I swapped it with an Inverter + Gel battery because the tiny 2X7AH batteries would go bad within a year / 1.5

If I were you, I would have taken a UPS if I did not need to work through a power outage - Even a basic UPS will cover you for long enough to do a shutdown or put system in standby
I'd get a Inverter only if such long powercuts were frequent and I needed to keep working through an outage

Let me guess, they are digging up the roads to lay gas pipelines and everything is a mess. I'm facing the same issue as you. I hope to fix it before something fails hard. Inverters are going to be 14k+ I guess, the whole setup. Then also the electrician fees. Hearing awful stuff about APAC. So Im thinking of getting a connection from my existing inverter system to my pc. Problem is its REALLY far away.

Possible - yes
But overkill

I get 2 min long power outages between power failure and backup genset kicking in..
Thus a whole house Inverter does not make sense for me

I use APC and Microtek UPSs for PCs / other sensitive electronics
Plus I have a localized Luminous for a specific power point - This point can draws over 600W -700W at full load
Thus even though I had a 1100VA UPS for this, I swapped it with an Inverter + Gel battery because the tiny 2X7AH batteries would go bad within a year / 1.5

If I were you, I would have taken a UPS if I did not need to work through a power outage - Even a basic UPS will cover you for long enough to do a shutdown or put system in standby
I'd get a Inverter only if such long powercuts were frequent and I needed to keep working through an outage
for this same reasons i got APC but after using one and experiencing the repair ability i really dont want to spend around 10k again on this
although its true that i don't need 6hrs of backup but i definitely need something for 1hr so at least i dont have to jump around turn on/off pc again.
Let me guess, they are digging up the roads to lay gas pipelines and everything is a mess. I'm facing the same issue as you. I hope to fix it before something fails hard. Inverters are going to be 14k+ I guess, the whole setup. Then also the electrician fees. Hearing awful stuff about APAC. So Im thinking of getting a connection from my existing inverter system to my pc. Problem is its REALLY far away.
No, it had to do with some trip wires near my building. I've complained so many times, but all they do is send couple of trainees with pliers, when they look above and see mess of direct current wires, no one dares to climb up. also it has big trees around it, so if its a windy day i prepare for sudden light cuts.
also don't forget Natak in Monsoon "baadal dikhe nahi ki light cut."

problem is no one around me cares that much of stable electricity, so i left alone who complains. :confused: kya kare!
using this setup from past 2 yrs without any issue.
can you tell me your pc config. ? i am trying to estimate how much i'll need.

Last edited:
can you tell me your pc config. ? i am trying to estimate how much i'll need.
2 screens ( 23" & 32"), i3 9100f, h310, 16gb ram, 120gb ssd, 1tb hdd, gtx 1050ti.
Also if you don't want too much backup then i would recommend go with 80ah or 100ah battery.

Last edited:
Back