ipad 2 vs ipad 1 dilemma

mk151

Adept
Hi

Want to buy an ipad . Am getting ipad 64gb 3g for 2k sealed pack. Shall I get that or go for ipad 2 which is 10k costlier and I get a measly 16gb..

Pls advise as I have got totally confused...

Have to decide immediately else the ipad 64gb 3g slips out of my hand..

i guess the i pad one is good enough already its the OS that makes the difference and i guess the ipad one will last u atleast one-two more years

hardly an app can bottleneck 1ghz single core at the moment and most of them run flawlessly ..... ipad2 can only to be futureproof but by that time one more will come out :p

Yup . was thinking the same but as IOS 5 is around the corner, hope that apple doesnt discontinue support for ipad 1 with release of IOS 5

The performance difference between the first and second generation iPads might not be large right now. But 4-6 months from now, once IOS 5 is out and once games and applications start making optimal use of the 2nd-gen iPad's dual core processor and better graphics, you'll regret owning the first iPad. So if you're looking at staying future proof for the next 2 years, I'd strongly recommend get the second-gen iPad. For instance, music production software like Garageband and iElectribe already run much better on the new iPad. Games like Infinity Blade have also received visual upgrades. If you're on a tight better, it's better to downgrade the size from 64GB to 32GB or 16GB or even choose a vanilla Wi-Fi version over a 3G-equipped previous generation iPad. Most high end phones support Wi-Fi tethering so it's not that big a deal if you don't have 3G on your iPad.

tracerbullet said:
The performance difference between the first and second generation iPads might not be large right now. But 4-6 months from now, once IOS 5 is out and once games and applications start making optimal use of the 2nd-gen iPad's dual core processor and better graphics, you'll regret owning the first iPad. So if you're looking at staying future proof for the next 2 years, I'd strongly recommend get the second-gen iPad. For instance, music production software like Garageband and iElectribe already run much better on the new iPad. Games like Infinity Blade have also received visual upgrades. If you're on a tight better, it's better to downgrade the size from 64GB to 32GB or 16GB or even choose a vanilla Wi-Fi version over a 3G-equipped previous generation iPad. Most high end phones support Wi-Fi tethering so it's not that big a deal if you don't have 3G on your iPad.

I feel the ipad 3 would be the first major upgrade. Also, I plan to get the ipad 1 say 32gb 3g @26k and sell it after a year and go for ipad 3 as ipad 2 32gb right now is nearly 40k. I wont advise tethering as its a battery guzzler esp. android phones. 16gb is too low with a lot of ipad apps size is btw 50mb-500mb..just my 2 cents

Back