iPad 3 7th March Launch

The resolution would mean a lot of present apps for the ipad will look blown-up and very pixelated on the "new" ipad unless the devs get on working on them ASAP. Remember the new one has twice the number of pixels. Also, I am pretty sure that all the games using the unreal engine (or any other standard game-engine) will no way run on native-res. no matter how powerful the gpu is on this thing. I wish they would've just kept the resolution to 1080p or 1200p as most people usually consume a lot of media on tablets.

I am much inclined on getting a tablet and the ipad has me thinking about it seriously but for me, google app support is of prime importance. And unless the youtube and gmail apps get a major update on the ios, I might stay put.

Can i pre-order this using an Indian credit card. I won't have it shipped to my SNS address directly but rather get it shipped to my friend's address first.

I am not sure if i will buy an iPad or not. But here i am, never had any iDevice and now have two of them (iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4th Gen 8GB) and using these two makes me want iPad
<

Is there any service which lets us use our indian credit cards. I found one - Buyforme but they also take care of shipping to India and that i don't want. I want to use SNS for that. Though buyforme is good for buying as their own address is in the tax-free state of oregon. However their 10% fee makes it the same as buying an iPad with tax plus higher shipping costs to India.

So is their any alternative service which makes payment on our behalf and we pay them via Indian credit card. I really want to pre-order 2 iPads.

#Mohit

It is for 33K in India and in the US it is for 28~29K depending on the state your friend or family is in.

Source for India Price : http://ibnlive.in.co.../237372-11.html

#rdst_1 Do not fall for those services .Apple will not accept non US credit cards at any cost.Even if you end up ordering one they can cancel it at the last moment as Apple charges your CC once the item is shipped ( similar to amazon)

#Mohit

It is for 33K in India and in the US it is for 28~29K depending on the state your friend or family is in.

Source for India Price : http://ibnlive.in.co.../237372-11.html and http://ibnlive.in.co.../237372-11.html

#rdst_1 Do not fall for those services .Apple will not accept non US credit cards at any cost.Even if you end up ordering one they can cancel it at the last moment as Apple charges your CC once the item is shipped ( similar to amazon)

Will try looking for some deals online and see if I can get some discount on the price of 33K. Ipad 2 seems enough for my usage as of now.

they use US credit cards to make payments. They charge 10% extra for that service. But since their address is in a tax free state, the cost comes out to be the same. The only problem I have right now is that their address must be a PO which Apple wont ship to.

#Mohit

Source for India Price : http://ibnlive.in.co.../237372-11.html

The resolution would mean a lot of present apps for the ipad will look blown-up and very pixelated on the "new" ipad unless the devs get on working on them ASAP. Remember the new one has twice the number of pixels.
This is where you're mistaken. When the iPhone 4 launched with the retina display, the apps that hadn't updated looked just fine.

This is where you're mistaken. When the iPhone 4 launched with the retina display, the apps that hadn't updated looked just fine.

I could straightaway tell if a particular app was particularly for the "retina" display or not. Also, you are forgetting the scale here. Lower res doesn't look too bad on a 3.5' screen but is more in-your-face on a 9.7' display.

Phil Schiller, Apple's Senior Vice President of World-Wide Marketing, reveals why Apple's new tablet is called 'the new iPad'.

Schiller tells the WSJ that Apple broke from its naming convention simply "because we don't want to be predictable."

Brand experts and critics are already questioning this decision but in all likelihood Apple will sell a massive amount of 'the new iPad' and those who want to distinguish it from the iPad 2 will likely call it the iPad 3.

#Mohit ipad2 16gb, 3g can be bought for 29925 in ebay.in if the 10% coupon still works... till yday it was working.. so you can try your luck
<

Edit: still coupon is working
<

#Mohit ipad2 16gb, 3g can be bought for 29925 in ebay.in if the 10% coupon still works... till yday it was working.. so you can try your luck
<

Edit: still coupon is working
<

Link for the item? I have the 10% off coupon but I could see all priced around 34-35K mostly.

Is it possible to get iPad 3 in US. I can arrange somebody in USA to purchase it and send it via Courier to me. What will be the price like if I do it so? $500 + $50 (10% taxes in USA I think) + Shipping?

Back