iPad 3 7th March Launch

#Mohit ipad2 16gb, 3g can be bought for 29925 in ebay.in if the 10% coupon still works... till yday it was working.. so you can try your luck
<

Edit: still coupon is working
<

http://techcircle.vc...24500-in-india/
its an official price drop, wait for few days and then use the 10% off coupon
<

Is it possible to get iPad 3 in US. I can arrange somebody in USA to purchase it and send it via Courier to me. What will be the price like if I do it so? $500 + $50 (10% taxes in USA I think) + Shipping?

Tax is different in every state. Oregon has no tax, so if you have someone there you can get it for $500 itself. You forgot to factor in 15% customs that is charged on tablets. So that is another $75 plus shipping from US to india. Also the courier might charge brokerage fee for getting your shipment cleared from customs.

Tax is different in every state. Oregon has no tax, so if you have someone there you can get it for $500 itself. You forgot to factor in 15% customs that is charged on tablets. So that is another $75 plus shipping from US to india. Also the courier might charge brokerage fee for getting your shipment cleared from customs.

Well what if the person send it as a gift?

Well what if the person send it as a gift?

You can try but the customs can still charge you. Also the value of a product to be declared as a gift is Rs. 10000. Even if you undervalue the package, the custom can charge you the customs on the market value at their discretion.

You can try but the customs can still charge you. Also the value of a product to be declared as a gift is Rs. 10000. Even if you undervalue the package, the custom can charge you the customs on the market value at their discretion.

Another way to get The New iPad. Find someone who is coming to India. Ask the guy to throw the box away and bring iPad only
<

Does anyone here have any experience in claiming warranty in India, on an ipad/ ipad 2 bought from outside India? Also were you asked for any documents other than the invoice? If yes, what were they?

I'm concerned because there is a difference in iPod's and iPad's warranty policy. The difference is of one line which is of the effect that apple may restrict servicing the product in the original country of purchase, and this only appears in the iPad policy. A friend of mine had got his iPod (bought from the US) serviced in India, and he and I both are looking forward to buying the iPad 3 from there, but we want to be sure about the warranty.

Why the hell they don't ever launch these products in India along with other countries? If they launch it in India for same price or even + $100, they can easily earn enormous amount of profit.

Guys, My bro in US has got the NEW iPad, is it good idea to get it shipped with SHOPNSHIP india, are they reliable. ? Any other service little cheaper and reliable.

Im assuming shopnship charges 100-120$ for a 16gb wifi . Any suggestions.

#faizan123 Customs will beat the whole point of getting ipad from US.

I cann see that Shopnship India claimed that the duty on iPad is 14.712% of customs assessed value. (CAV)

I emailed them to asking about CAV , and i received reply that Customs assessed value = value in invoice + 21.125%(freight and insurance) + 1% (landing charges) . So he said the Duty on iPad worth 499$ is roughly 90$ and The shipping charges are relevant to the weight of the product 10$ for the 1[sup]st[/sup] 500gms and 8$ for every subsequent 500gms + 10.3%(service tax only on shipping ).

So even if weight of iPad with box is 1.5 - 2KG. = 34$ + 4$(service tax). So total 90 + 34 + 4 = 128$.

Please correct me if i calculated wrong. But this calculation is as per the email conversation i had with Karan.

Also how reliable is their service ? Any other options to consider over Shopnship ?

Back