ipad video player

evilwit

Disciple
hello guys!!!

My brother-in-law has an ipad 4 and an ipad mini.he is very happy with both of the devices but he has got some problems.He likes to watch lot of HD videos on both devices.But as you guys know its a pain to convert the videos to the format,which ipad can play.
So his question is,
Is there any there any kind of video player in ios market which can play all the widely used formats like mp4/mkv/avi/flv/mov etc,in full hd mode that is 720p/1080p withtout any glitch?the device is jailbroken.
Thanks a lot!reply please.

AVPlayer HD
It's available in app store. I have read that Rush Player+ is also good and is available in cydia. But I have not used it myself and no idea if it is available for iPad or not.
But I use AVPlayer daily on my iPhone.

I have read that players which use hardware decoding are better since that means better battery life.
I don't know how this works but yesterday i was watching an episode of a certain TV series and the files was .mkv, while the video was playing, i tapped the small i icon in AVPlayer and it popped up some info like resolution and there was a text as "H/W Decoding" or something similar. So i believe hardware decoding was being done. This happens also with .mp4 file.
Does not happen with .avi.
I was of the opinion that only native .mp4 would get h/w decoding but now i think that any video file in any container but encoded using h264 codec gets h/w decoding in AVPlayer.

Don't know if its already known to members here... but i have found a simple JBed app repo just like haculous(installous) yesterday and its so simple to install apps directly on the ipad or iphone without the need of iFunbox & appsync. Its AppCake HD for Ipad.

Although its unethical to install cracked paid apps, people can just try the apps here before they buy from App store, or some times install discontinued apps like Vlc Player(which i did..:) ).

Back