iphone 3gs for 14000

Doofus

Disciple
Hi Guyz
Need your help on this. One of my colleagues is selling an iphone 3gs 16gb for 14000. Is it worth a buy ???? Am currently using a Samsung Vibrant but it has got network issues so wanting to buy a new phone....
Kindly let me know your opinion guyz if the iphone 3gs is really worth buying

FYI I bought a new iPhone 3GS few days back for my dad from Aircel. It came unlocked with an Aircel connection worth Rs 3000 which have 1000 mins,2500 SMSes and Unlimited 2G/3G per month for six months. The total cost was 13370(with TAX and everything), though the phone is just 8GB.

FYI I bought a new iPhone 3GS few days back for my dad from Aircel. It came unlocked with an Airc
el connection worth Rs 3000 which have 1000 mins,2500 SMSes and Unlimited 2G/3G per month for six months. The total cost was 13370(with TAX and everything), though the phone is just 8GB.

This one is almost new...no scratches or anything and it is unlocked too....is it a good buy ???
Also would like to know if 3gs is upgradable to iOS 6

This one is almost new...no scratches or anything and it is unlocked too....is it a good buy ???
Also would like to know if 3gs is upgradable to iOS 6

Yes aircel selling new 3gs.and it is unlocked to... Yes 3gs will receive ios 6 but most important features will be left out like new map application.

It would be like buying Windows XP in Win 8 era :sleep:
better go for a decent android phone or save money and get iPhone 4 or 4S :)

Hv a samsung vibrant already....tried a lot of custom roms on it ..Bored of android..... U r rite but my budget is around the 16k mark.... Any idea how is samsung focus or samsung omnia w ???

Sorry completely OT but I don't understand How can people get bored with Android, so much to customize (MIUI, Different Launchers and so on), its not that we customize daily but you can customize and give it a new look when you feel bored. Battery life is completely a different thing to be discussed...

Sorry completely OT but I don't understand How can people get bored with Android, so much to customize (MIUI, Different Launchers and so on), its not that we customize daily but you can customize and give it a new look when you feel bored. Battery life is completely a different thing to be discussed...

I try a new rom as soon as it is released on xda forums... Am really bored... Want to try out a new ui.... I basically want a new phone as my vibrant is giving a lot of problems....

I try a new rom as soon as it is released on xda forums... Am really bored... Want to try out a new ui.... I basically want a new phone as my vibrant is giving a lot of problems....
Then better to wait for Nokia to launch WP 8 and see the pricing or go with atleast iPhone 4 (according to your budget) and not 3GS

I have both 3gs and a 4s. The user experience is very very similar. The only thing that is immediately noticeable is the retina display on 4s. Otherwise the speed and the fluidity of the 3gs is very very close to 4s. With os 5 on both the devices, they share almost all the apps available and with os6 confirmed for 3gs as well you are safe for another year as far as the latest os experience and app support goes. Something which simply cannot be had on an android device in this price range.

Completely agree with @Zero Cool here. The display difference is night and day between 3GS and 4/4S. I was myself at the Apple store yesterday and saw a 3GS and a 4S. But the app support and user experience will be very good IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
iPhone 4 is a minimum in 2012 of u want a good experience

I disagree, the 3GS for 10k effective, is still a killer deal in terms of user experience, and next version of iOS confirm support. I simply dont feel that the retina display or the lack of it is a deal breaker for the user experience at that price point.

Ammm i bought a 3GS instead of a iPod Touch 4G 8GB because the price was the same and the sounded the same. I was thinking hey the added phone capability would mean so much more than a better screen. But it turned out to be a less of a great move than i had predicted, the online store is a nightmare the latest software are not supported by the iphone 3gs which is weird because i always thought Apple supported combined development of applications.

Also some games have missing/mismatched graphs this leads to the conclusion that developers are moving on from the 3GS even if Apple officially supports it. I would have been better of if i had bought the iPod Touch but ohh well.

Ammm i bought a 3GS instead of a iPod Touch 4G 8GB because the price was the same and the sounded the same. I was thinking hey the added phone capability would mean so much more than a better screen. But it turned out to be a less of a great move than i had predicted, the online store is a nightmare the latest software are not supported by the iphone 3gs which is weird because i always thought Apple supported combined development of applications.

Also some games have missing/mismatched graphs this leads to the conclusion that developers are moving on from the 3GS even if Apple officially supports it. I would have been better of if i had bought the iPod Touch but ohh well.

That is odd, what apps are you seeing this issue with, can you give us some details?

Back