iPhone 4 - Factory Unlocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

srikat

Disciple
Jul 8, 2008
Hi Jay,

I am also interested in buying iPhone 4. Please update this thread when you receive the beauty.

Have you purchased from expansys.com before? Is it trustworthy?

Have a question: I read that iPhone 4 needs micro SIM. Do you know if I can get one here in India if I already have a standard SIM from Vodafone (post-paid connection)?

a_t_u_l

Disciple
Feb 22, 2009
yes making micro sim is very easy.
Further chinese have made cutters like we have punch for belts to make micro sim of regular sim.

Also it was proved yesterday there is actual signal loss in 4G. It states that on just tip of the antenna when a finger is placed 90% signal is lost resulting in drop of calls and slow 3g speed. Where as other phones the loss is max 25% which doesnt prove such a big problem. The article can be read at gsmarena.com

mjumrani

Skilled
Aug 18, 2008
New Delhi
You can get factory unlocked only in UK. After 30th July it should be available in Australia, Singapore, Canada, Hong Kong and italy. Why dont you get it from ebay.com.au in a while. Thats how I got my 3GS in november and it just cost 32000.

JayMathers

Diablo's Rapier
Disciple
Aug 4, 2008
Ghaziabad, India
techshoot.in
You can certainly make the Micro SIM at home with no issues. Mine will come up by 7th of August (Speculated) so let us see how it actually is. Adding to it will be a iPhone 4 Bumper for free.

Anish

Skilled
May 9, 2005
Goa, India.
www.anishsood.com
The Canandian pricing is pretty neat. Works out to 30k INR (16GB) and 35k INR (32GB).

Launches in many more countries this Friday so that will ease up stocks and increase availability.

Btw, India launch is in September and is very likely to be factory unlocked. Add to that you get a 1 year warranty so makes sense to wait for India launch.

mjumrani

Skilled
Aug 18, 2008
New Delhi
Anish said:
The Canandian pricing is pretty neat. Works out to 30k INR (16GB) and 35k INR (32GB).

Launches in many more countries this Friday so that will ease up stocks and increase availability.

Btw, India launch is in September and is very likely to be factory unlocked. Add to that you get a 1 year warranty so makes sense to wait for India launch.
Are you sure about September launch?

35k is 2.5k more than the UK price for iphone after removing VAT

salluks

Adept
Nov 10, 2006
wow, 60k for a phone that doesn't even have proper reception...whats happening to this world!

srikat

Disciple
Jul 8, 2008
Anish said:

Canadian pricing is not the best because of tax.

It's cheapest in Hong Kong.

My relative in Singapore has just purchased 16GB one for me from Apple online store for S$ 888 (i.e., $652.962 USD or Rs. 30,285.63) incl. tax.

Anish

Skilled
May 9, 2005
Goa, India.
www.anishsood.com
mjumrani said:
Are you sure about September launch?

35k is 2.5k more than the UK price for iphone after removing VAT
Yeah UK pricing is awesome but claiming the VAT refund is a slightly painstaking process and you need to go to the airport early to get it processed.

A friend knows somebody high up in Vodafone and he claims the Sept launch is definitely on. Let's wait and watch, I'd rather get a phone with warranty so I can slap Apple Care on it.

mjumrani

Skilled
Aug 18, 2008
New Delhi
Dude I suggest you look here: Ebay Australia

and not buy it from anywhere else since you will most probably spend 10k-15k more.

I'm assuming you don't know anyone in the countries where it is sold factory unlocked who can send it to you.

^ 46k for a bloody phone that costs a maximum of 35k. Best of luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.