Iphone 4 S Officially announced

MAGNeT

Skilled
gdgt-iphone-5-event_066.jpg

So that’s the iPhone 4S. Black and white, 16GB for $199, 32GB for $299, and 64GB for $399. 64GB is the first time in an iPhone.

gdgt-iphone-5-event_063.jpg

gdgt-iphone-5-event_064.jpg

As we always knew INDIA out of list right now.

Pre-orders on the October 7th, and then launching on the 14th.

The iPhone 4 will now be available in Black and white for just $99. Thei phone 3GS in 8GB: free.

Free means with contract ofcourse.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/04/iphone-4s-officially-announced-with-a5-cpu/

It just got announced at the annual event.

For news

newiphone28.jpg

gdgt-iphone-5-event_044.jpg

gdgt-iphone-5-event_047.jpg

newiphone34.jpg

iphone5apple2011liveblogkeynote1500.jpg

gdgt-iphone-5-event_060.jpg

http://live.thisismynext.com/Event/Apple_iPhone_5_event_live_blog

Live Apple iPhone 5 event coverage – gdgt live

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/04/apples-lets-talk-iphone-keynote-liveblog/?sort=newest&refresh=60

http://live.gizmodo.com/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/8804922/Apple-iPhone-event-live.html

Some stuff mentioned

Dual-core CPU, 2x as fast at CPU tasks. Also dual-core graphics. Up to 7x faster in the previous iPhone.

starts with the Retina Display. But inside it is all new. The A5 chip is now making its way into the iPhone

8 megapixel camera.

CMOS backside illuminated sensor — gets 73% more light than the iPhone 4 sensor, and 1/3rd faster. On top of that, we place a high-end IR filter for greater accuracy and uniformity.

Video recording. Stunning Hd video, and for the first time, 1080p video

1080p, real-time video image stabilization (yes!), real-time temporal noise reduction.

As rumoured, the new device is compatible with both GSM and CDMA networks. This is good news mostly for Apple, as it will no longer have to manufacture two versions. British owners should get a wider choice of netwoks when roaming in the US, though.

The intelligent assistant to get things done just by asking.

Sanav3 said:
so its only one iphone.. iPhone 4S with the same 3.5 inch screen :)

And internal proc from the iPad 2.

New range of ipod nano and new ipod touch too launched.But sorry i concentrated on bread and butter item .

And yes iOS 5 releasing on october 12 finally.

Gr8, so it is the iPhone 4S. Does this mean a price reduction for those Apple sheep here in India?

ON the plus side, seems like Apple is fighting hard to keep Android at bay, legally:)cursing:) and by adding improvements in iPhone, which is a good thing.

Same 3.5 inch screen, m happy my sgs2 is even better than iphone4S. It stands no where near nexus prime.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Same 3.5 inch screen, m happy my sgs2 is even better than iphone4S.

vivek.krishnan said:
Gr8, so it is the iPhone 4S. Does this mean a price reduction for those Apple sheep here in India?

ON the plus side, seems like Apple is fighting hard to keep Android at bay, legally:)cursing:) and by adding improvements in iPhone, which is a good thing.

No launch in India in October, hopefully India figures in the 'launch in 100 countries by end of year'

It would take a while for the price reduction.

ragzdiablo said:
They just announced! No iPhone 5 now! WTF!

I think its wiser decision because in Feb new arm proccy releasing which will be twice faster as the present dual core arm chips.Hence lot of android piece might launch on that platform.Hence might be saving an even more powerfull cpu for 5.Anyways this time they concentrated on the battery.

Sanav3 said:
No launch in India in October, hopefully India figures in the 'launch in 100 countries by end of year'

It would take a while for the price reduction.

India will soon be on list.Because according to apple report they wanted to create a market of 10 billion dollar in india by 2015 and right now their market is not even worth 1 billion dollar.They have to take the market seriously.

But as rumour suggest the bang will happen with lauch of cheaper iphone model.Which might be flooded here soon .Strategy being worked on so both the niche and low segment market comes in their hand.

as usual iphone will have it's customers.

though no surprises, as expected(after reading rumors) that it will not be altogether different phone(will not be iphone5)

iphone 4s has nothing new which was not already present in the market in form of SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 (the real ground breaking phone)

the bummers will give normal features some new name like we call - video calling - face time (???)

voice commands - siri (????)

To be frank, I found Siri to be pretty interesting... the only downside being that I really don't want to talk to my phone :p

iPhone 4S... hmm... well.. there's 30k saved :) Bring on the next one in June '12!!

sam88 said:
voice commands - siri (????)

Though I am totally disappointed with Apple's event, I must say that I am awaiting to try Siri. It may be same voice commands, when Apple makes it, it makes it perfect. I have good hopes for it.

and also, creating an appointment, changing it to different time or cancelling it over voice seems interesting IMHO :)

So this is apple's innovation in 16 months time :S No need of Nexus prime, even 5 months old SGS2 is enough to compete with this iphone 4S.

Totally disappointed / No change in shape . Same form factor .

3.5 inch . All this wait was futile .

Back