iphone 4s buy or not

a2j

Disciple
i am looking forward to buy a iphone 4s but i think maybe i should wait for iphone 5.
is iphone 4s worth buy at this point of time ?.
or should i wait for iphone 5. please help me.
and also does iphone 4s features like siri are full functional in india as us?
:S
:huh:

You are getting it all wrong bro. What I meant was it looks good and feels good as well. Not in the sense of a Snub but as a handsome device. Moreover, I said its one of the benefits getting an iPhone 4S.

Aniruddh said:
I was using S2 which i replaced with IPhone 4s 3 days back just because of 2 reasons - 1 Android , 2 i was unable to use the phone with just 1 hand !

after 5.0.1 update battery life is slightly better but still little disappointed , though better than S2 .

No jailbreak available as of now for the IOS5 , which is a bummer :|

overall i find 4s to be better than S2 , except for 2 things
Bigger and much better Super Amoled + screen , though for me 3.5 is just perfect , 4.3 is way too big for my liking .

And my friend feels even the iPhone 4 is a big device. Small hands. Plus there was another small issue.

Also iOS 5.0.1 is jailbroken according to some sites, but iPone 4S, not sure.

A lot depends on what you want to do with it. Some software may not be available for Android platform (Eg: Some avaition software that my friend wants). If you intend to do internet browsing on the move, a larger screen on S2 will help. But generally I would lean onto S2 because I got all the apps that I wanted and also saved huge cash. (Though I bought when 4S was not launched). Though you have to stretch the thumb on S2 if you want to dial a No. with one hand.

Honestly I do not find a compelling reason to spend 44K on iphone 4S.

As far as paying (or jailbreaking) for the apps is concerned, I am neutral. A good HD game on SGS2 costs about 3-4$ (I presume it is the same for ios). Peanuts as compared to the price of the phone. Most other apps are free (maybe ad supported).

Its the price factor which has killed the iPhone 4s sales in India . Especially the absurd iPhone 4 8gb at 37k... If it wud have been offered at 34-36k , situation wud have been different and and also the comments here.

red dragon said:
Anything above 30k for a phone is absolutely ridiculous!
Sent from Galaxy S2

That is more of a personal choice.
Like for me, spending a lot like 25-30k on an andorid / whatever OS Tablet is ridiculous as i can get a laptop for far lesser price and it would be far more productive. But then this is my opinion.

raksrules said:
That is more of a personal choice.

Like for me, spending a lot like 25-30k on an andorid / whatever OS Tablet is ridiculous as i can get a laptop for far lesser price and it would be far more productive. But then this is my opinion.

15-18k is the sweet spot, agreed!

Lol someone said IPhone is for showoff , i beg to differ . Blackberry is the one people buy here in india to showoff, most dont even have BB/Bis/Bes plans activated .

ok two things i'll like to add here :-

1 - Camera is slightly better than S2 , especially in low light condition . was quite surprised by the quality of the pic which i took last night with hardly any light .

2 - not much into music but can surely say Iphone 4s has got much better sound through headset . (Using S2 headset , find it more comfortable than that of iphone )

Edit - One thing i'd like to say about the pricing . yes asking price of 44K for the 16gb is insane , but than iphone 4 is more then a year old but still the price have not come down . where as when i bought S2 3 months back it was 29.5k whereas now its 27k . So , the point i am trying to make is that one wont lose that much on Iphone .

I heard that Siri is working fine in India.
Though Apple claims it as a USP of 4S, i don't buying iPhone just to have Siri is a great idea.
There are many free apps, which give similar or better results.
I tried Edwin.. it's really a cool virtual personal assistant like Siri.
You can check more voice apps here MobileWatch: Five Voice-based Virtual Personal Assistants for Android

So i would suggest you to go for a big screen android gingerbread phone with dual core processor.

It would satisfy you more at a lower price :)

I would suggest not to buy iPhone 4S as its a waste. Wait for the iPhone 5. Just a matter of 9-11 months at the most :) You can either use your current phone till then or if you still want to get a new phone right now, you can get an iPhone 4 at some cheap price from somewhere or as others suggested, get an android. :)

What ever the rumoured specs of the iPhone 5 are, bottom line, its going to be better than the iPhone 4S (Even if Apple only introduces a better camera or just changes the design :p )

Even am planning to buy a Nexus S for now and wait for either a quad core Nexus next year or the iPhone 5 :)

BTW can anyone tell me why hasn't Apple launch Siri on the iPad2 yet? Even it has a dual core processor.. Apple isn't fair to its existing customers.. They launched siri on iPhone 4S just to make it exclusive so that people buy the phone :-/

^^Absolutely not!!

I have used both too.

Can confirm that 4s has pathetic battery life. 5.0.1 did not do anything about it.

Hell! It has such a small screen, still so poor battery.

Regarding tweaks, GS2 can be tweaked to get very decent battery life.

IP4`s tweaks are still limited to those age old methods of reducing brightness, Turing off data, auto syncs etc.

It still does not support UC, UV.

Sent from Galaxy S2

^ red i think the problem is with ios 5.even i faced a few battery issues with 5.0 and 5.01 fixed the issue for only a few customers[luckily including me].but my cousin is still facing the battery problems with ios 5.0.1.

i hope they sort it out with the next update coz having less battery life is a bit*h.

red dragon said:
^^Absolutely not!!
I have used both too.
Can confirm that 4s has pathetic battery life. 5.0.1 did not do anything about it.
Hell! It has such a small screen, still so poor battery.
Regarding tweaks, GS2 can be tweaked to get very decent battery life.
IP4`s tweaks are still limited to those age old methods of reducing brightness, Turing off data, auto syncs etc.
It still does not support UC, UV.

Sent from Galaxy S2

Try Settings- Reset all settings. It worked wonders for me. It appears when we update to 5.0.1 and restore from back up , the corrupted settings are re-written from the back up. Here's the link to this :

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3500229?start=0&tstart=0

Hope this helps..

Back