iPhone 4s or iPhone 5?

f3arl3ss

Disciple
Guys,

I know you will say to go with the iPhone 5 for obvious reasons but i want to ask something.

My freinds uncle lives in California so if i buy a locked iPhone 5 from there and then wait for the unlock to come or gevey sim to support iPhone 5 until then i will use it as an iPod. Will it be good?

I mean an unlock will come right?

Or should i go with the iPhone 4s?

:scared14:

Can't you just wait till you get the unlocked iphone 5? What's the point of waiting for the gevey/unlock and using it as an ipod till then?

You're going to wait all the same..

Can't you just wait till you get the unlocked iphone 5? What's the point of waiting for the gevey/unlock and using it as an ipod till then?

You're going to wait all the same..

dude budget is the main problem unlocked iphone 5 will come at around 45-50K. I bought HTC One X and selling it right now so i have around 30-32K to spend on the iPhone.

Try doing a CBA.. I still think it's just better to wait it out if you don't critically need an iphone (4S/5) immediately.

How long is it going to take to get unlocked or the gevey support is at best, a guesstimate. I still think the extra 10-12k for a fully FU iPhone 5 is the way to go in the long run anyway..

Try doing a CBA.. I still think it's just better to wait it out if you don't critically need an iphone (4S/5) immediately.

How long is it going to take to get unlocked or the gevey support is at best, a guesstimate. I still think the extra 10-12k for a fully FU iPhone 5 is the way to go in the long run anyway..

man i cant spend more than the money i will get after selling one x thats why

- - - Updated - - -

is it legit??

and what about the nano sim will it work on cutting micro sim?

You can ask your service provider to furnish you a nano-SIM card with your current cell number, that can be arranged, I have seen it happening in Delhi AirTel centres, you need to inform them and they get back to you with a nano-SIM. Dunno if there are any charges for the same.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

You can ask your service provider to furnish you a nano-SIM card with your current cell number, that can be arranged, I have seen it happening in Delhi AirTel centres, you need to inform them and they get back to you with a nano-SIM. Dunno if there are any charges for the same.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Most of them have this option for micro SIM but are you sure they have started this for the nano SIM?
AFAIK I know among the main manufacturers only the iPhone 5 uses the nano SIM card. So without the iPhone 5 even reaching our shores have they started selling nano SIMs?

@DarkAngel

MicroSIM or even newer Full Sized SIM can be cut into nano sim. There are already cutters available on Ebay and they do work, checkout macrumors forum Iphone section. A lot of people have cut their micro sims into nano sim and they all work just fine on IP5. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of them have this option for micro SIM but are you sure they have started this for the nano SIM?
AFAIK I know among the main manufacturers only the iPhone 5 uses the nano SIM card. So without the iPhone 5 even reaching our shores have they started selling nano SIMs?

Okay I think I just shot my mouth off again but then again if the company can arrange for micro-SIM's which customers try to make out of their original SIM's (by chopping / cutting them as mentioned) then nano-SIM's should be a possibility and knowing AirTel they might even charge you for it.

Back