iPhone 4S Sprint Unlock issue

killerz

Disciple
My cousin got a locked iPhone 4s which he was using on Sprint cdma. It was purchased in Feb 2012.

I know that at preset there is no method to unlock the sprint version, but i would like to know is there a possibility of unlock in future for use with GSM in india? since its the world phone .

The local guy who unlocks iPhone says iPhone 4 cdma can never be unlocked for GSM and so is the case with iPhone 4S. I doubt that.

But the iPhone 4s is a world phone and has both GSM and CDMA hardware inbuilt, shouldnt there be an unlock for it in coming months. I can also see the 15 digit imei number after dialing *#06#

or is it that the sprint iPhone 4s phones can never be unlocked for GSM ? shud return it back ?

Please guide me.

Thanks

AFAIK , the only way Sprint locked 4S world phones can be unlocked for GSM is by contacting Sprint USA and proving to them that you need to use the phone on a foreign trip or something . Ofcourse for this you need to owner of the phone with the Sprint contract and also have a good standing account with them .

AFAIK , the only way Sprint locked 4S world phones can be unlocked for GSM is by contacting Sprint USA and proving to them that you need to use the phone on a foreign trip or something . Ofcourse for this you need to owner of the phone with the Sprint contract and also have a good standing account with them .

M afraid that is not possible now.
<
, But technically an unlock shud be availabe for sprint cdma in coming months coz its a world phone and has both GSM and CDMA hardware present. Secondly when the sprint can unlock your phone as you said why cant there be an unlock made for it.

Will keep the handset n wait, its a 64GB 4s
<

Doesnt help with iPhone 4s unlock

M afraid that is not possible now.
<
, But technically an unlock shud be availabe for sprint cdma in coming months coz its a world phone and has both GSM and CDMA hardware present. Secondly when the sprint can unlock your phone as you said why cant there be an unlock made for it.

Will keep the handset n wait, its a 64GB 4s
<

Doesnt help with iPhone 4s unlock

The reason an unlock is not yet made for it cause -SPRINT unlocks it the official way by contacting Apple and removing your phone from the list of locked phones and making in unlocked forever. That is the reason you need to connect it to iTunes with an active internet connection to activate the unlock for first time .

Hackers or 3rd party mobile repair guys wont be able to do it unless they have some tip up like those guys selling Orange and other network unlocks on various sites / ebay etc in UK .

The reason an unlock is not yet made for it cause -SPRINT unlocks it the official way by contacting Apple and removing your phone from the list of locked phones and making in unlocked forever. That is the reason you need to connect it to iTunes with an active internet connection to activate the unlock for first time .

Hackers or 3rd party mobile repair guys wont be able to do it unless they have some tip up like those guys selling Orange and other network unlocks on various sites / ebay etc in UK .

There must be a way to use it on Reliance CDMA . Any idea ?

^ No idea about that but I had read about someone getting it done here locally . Check the Sprink 4S @35k deal thread.

^ No idea about that but I had read about someone getting it done here locally . Check the Sprink 4S @35k deal thread.

Good News - iPhone 4s now can be unlocked on Sprint and Verizon with R-Sim v3.0 (R-Sim Ultra S).

After hours of googling and translating webpages.. finally victory.. boy m sleepy now.

Tested and verified on an international forum with pics proof. Will post the unlocking method in a bit.

So we just have to wait till the R-Sim v3.0 is availabe in india.

Though unlock is still not possible with Gevey ultra S on Sprint and Verizon only on AT&T

dgmkw7.jpg

2z65fk1.jpg

250nm39.jpg

se572t.jpg

^ this is surely good news, but i would still wait for some confirmation on international forums. Sometimes these are just scams waiting to happen.

In my Sprint phone, when i have my SIM inserted, it doesn't show the carrier as Sprint 11.3, but as Carrier 11.0. When i take out the SIM card it shows the carrier as Sprint 11.3

fpxwz0za65xc.png

^ this is surely good news, but i would still wait for some confirmation on international forums. Sometimes these are just scams waiting to happen.

In my Sprint phone, when i have my SIM inserted, it doesn't show the carrier as Sprint 11.3, but as Carrier 11.0. When i take out the SIM card it shows the carrier as Sprint 11.3

fpxwz0za65xc.png

thats just because, when you insert turbo sim, the phone identifies it as a valid sim in this case(turbo sims validate other operator sims as valid sims by masking sim's IMSI and making a sprint IMSI visible to the phone) using the IMSI key from the turbo sim. while the phone catches network on the TMSI. that's not the case in software unlocked/Factory unlocked phones. Correct me if i am wrong.

thats just because, when you insert turbo sim, the phone identifies it as a valid sim in this case(turbo sims validate other operator sims as valid sims by masking sim's IMSI and making a sprint IMSI visible to the phone) using the IMSI key from the turbo sim. while the phone catches network on the TMSI. that's not the case in software unlocked/Factory unlocked phones. Correct me if i am wrong.

I guess you are right as he is not using any gevey sim.

^i guess he is not using turbo sim and it is unlocked for GSM networks other than US

rdst_1's phone is unlocked by the sprint for use with any GSM network outside US.

Here is the r-Sim v3.0 selling on ebay.com to unlock sprint 4s

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ebbf3b813

Unlocks WCDMA, GSM sim but will not work with any cdma sim in india or elsewhere

another guy is selling r-sim on ebay.in pmed him for the r-sim version but still no reply from him. Most probably its a version 2 since it does not require to dial 112.

http://www.ebay.in/i...=item35ba1b8432

R-sim currently has 3 versions.

version 1 is R-sim: right click on 112 and not allowed the same as the sim is marketed as Rebel, gevey.

version 2 is R-Sim ultra: no need to click 112, automatic air, but to select the correct contry code of each country (may work by mistake on some sprint & verizon phones, if works still has signal issues)

version 3 is R-Sim Ultra S: no need to click 112, auto signal, supporting all carrier Softbank, AU, Sprint,Verizon, Bell etc, (still need to enter sprint mnc code manually but works fine)

I am in a little bit of confusion, does this R-sim unlocks GSM in sprint iphone 4S? or it is just another gevey sim that works only for AT&T or similar GMS locked iphones only.

I am in a little bit of confusion, does this R-sim unlocks GSM in sprint iphone 4S? or it is just another gevey sim that works only for AT&T or similar GMS locked iphones only.

R-Sim v3.0 unlocks GSM in AT&T without much effort but for Sprint,Verizon you need to follow a step by step custom guide..

R-Sim v3.0 unlocks GSM in AT&T without much effort but for Sprint,Verizon you need to follow a step by step custom guide..

Any idea what is the provider code that needs to be entered for sprint phones is. I have found a guy who is saying he can unlock Sprint iPhones for 3-4k by using a Gevey SIM. I am sure it is not the actual Gevey SIM, but can be the r-SIM. He is not very forthcoming about how it will actually get unlocked or which interposer SIM he is using.

The thing is i got a phone which was unlocked but my friend forgot to sync it with itunes before shipping it and now it is locked and for getting it synced it needs to be sent back to US. Total cost for that would be 2.4k and the wait to get it back will be agonizing. i am thinking of getting this done from this guy for 3k. However if he is just gonna use the r-SIm then i am much better off buying one myself and unlocking it provided someone can tell me what the provider code is.

#killerz - any idea if this r-SIM works on bad ESN phones as well.

^^ even i want to know whether it works with bad-esn phones as well..

technically it should, since bad esn or clean esn will only matter when you are trying to activate the phone on sprint/verizon.. but still want a confirmation.

Any idea what is the provider code that needs to be entered for sprint phones is. I have found a guy who is saying he can unlock Sprint iPhones for 3-4k by using a Gevey SIM. I am sure it is not the actual Gevey SIM, but can be the r-SIM. He is not very forthcoming about how it will actually get unlocked or which interposer SIM he is using.

The thing is i got a phone which was unlocked but my friend forgot to sync it with itunes before shipping it and now it is locked and for getting it synced it needs to be sent back to US. Total cost for that would be 2.4k and the wait to get it back will be agonizing. i am thinking of getting this done from this guy for 3k. However if he is just gonna use the r-SIm then i am much better off buying one myself and unlocking it provided someone can tell me what the provider code is.

#killerz - any idea if this r-SIM works on bad ESN phones as well.

I have ordered the r-sim.. wait till i receive it n try unlock my 4s.

The Sprint edit code is - 0839611000

hmmm. Strange thing happened. i got the phone unlocked from that guy for 3k, via my friend who is in delhi. He is saying that the interposer he used is Gevey SIM. I guess that guy knows of a workaround that makes even the Gevey SIM work with Sprint phones. I am guessing he might have manually entered the provider code that one has to when using the R-Sim. However if it is this simple, why doesn't the original gevey people know about it. My friend who has the phone currently says even 3g is working fine.

hmmm. Strange thing happened. i got the phone unlocked from that guy for 3k, via my friend who is in delhi. He is saying that the interposer he used is Gevey SIM. I guess that guy knows of a workaround that makes even the Gevey SIM work with Sprint phones. I am guessing he might have manually entered the provider code that one has to when using the R-Sim. However if it is this simple, why doesn't the original gevey people know about it. My friend who has the phone currently says even 3g is working fine.

As far as i know.. the Gevey does not unlock Sprint and Verizon iPhone 4s.

http://applenberry.com/store/gevey-sim/gevey-ultra-s

just if any one could highlight whether the r-sim can unlock bad esn sprint phones???? i know it works on sprint phones,

ideally it should since we are not activating the phone on sprint network, but just to be sure, before i take the plunge....

Back