Iphone 5 India priceing & launch ?

Guys, anybody know what the price is gonna be for a 32/64GB IP5 in India ? Also when is it expected to launch ? The benchmark numbers of the IP5 have tempted me so much that I can't resist buying an IP5 now :bleh:

There are a few FU IP5s available right now on Ebay but they are priced ridiculously high - 89990 for 16gb, 99900 for 32 gb and 1,09,990 for 64gb LOL.

But I believe the prices will go down 2-3 weeks on these units once the supply increases, so I was wondering do these come with International Warranty ? Or will I be stuck with "dealer warranty only" ?

Also what services will NOT work in India apart from the maps ? I am not selling my Xperia S, so I don't really care about the maps issue.

India is probably not going to get it till Nov. At best, probably around Diwali. Judging by the demand and the response to the iPhone 5 launch, i think Apple will probably struggle to continue rollouts to other countries on sched.

Price.. I'm not expecting it to be below 42-45k & I really don't think International Warranty applies

Well, maps will definitely be fixed. People are overhyping about it. Thanks to the way Apple treated other big brands, they are getting the same treatment by THEIR customers now. iPhone 5 is one of the best smartphone in the market so far and benchmarks have proven the same.

Unfortunately big brands like Apple do not pay attention to Indian consumers, they will release it like after 3-4 months. The next Nexus phone will be launched by then and definitely it will be better than iPhone 5. Wait for it either :)

Oh! 2-3 months is a bit too much :( I'd rather buy Sony 2013 Q1 flagship then.

Is it safe to buy Factory Unlocked units from Ebay ? Apart from the warranty thing ?

And not really interested in the new Nexus unless its made by Sony. And I doubt it will be better than Iphone 5 as till Q2 2013 S4 Quad is the best chipset available for smartphones and the Apple A6 is already on par with S4 Quad, so there is no way new Nexus will be better than IP5. Most likely its going to use the Exynos Quad Samsung chip.

With the dollar coming down i guess the price will be around 44500 or so
In usa it will be available for 649$ and 50$ tax..The Factory Unlocked will be available in next coming days...

Here quoting what i wrote in another thread regarding a6's performance:(just ignore the irrelevant parts of the argument)

first,the a6 is a complete design by apple so its neither a15 or a9.another thing-even a full a15 dual core can't beat a a full a9 quad core(in multithreaded apps that is).now,yeah in the benches floating on the internet the a6 does beat the gs3 or any SoC that currently exists,but why?because people don't realize that they are comparing devices with 2 DIFFERENT OSE'S running,ios and android(the difference between these ose's nullifies ANY DIRECT COMPARISON).and by the way-the krait dual cores which resemble a15 can't beat any current quad cores so that should give you some semblance.and about the gpu?it loses to adreno 320 and the gpu of gs3,at least on the spec sheets.the benches dont mean much because of the aforementioned reason so apparently you have been living under a rock.also when the the next gen mobiles release with full A-15 quad cores next year ,apple is going to be in a stiff position,especially if its design's IPC is not more than ARM's A-15.and the price at which apple will sell these i5's will.....well you get the idea.also how could you actually believe those figures,in electronics miracles hardly happen.comparing those figures is like comparing ios figures vs windows figures,just think how the original ipad can still work with ios6 with only 256 MB ram!!!can android tablets run like the ipad with only 256 mb ram??in your dreams,so you get the idea.start thinking more.samsung,qualcomm and Texas instruments aren't kidding themselves there and are doing great work.don't rant before you understand something.apple compares it's phones with previous gen of it's phone so they can highlight the improvements,it doesn't compare it to other android phones of it's gen because it simply doesn't win.also don't forget it's slightly lower screen res than gs3.Also according to some benches out there the gpu in 4s takes a dump on the oced mali in gs3,whadya say to that?its jargon is what it is.also for something thats gonna cost between 40k-50k a 4 inch screen and no nfc are real downers.also apple said i5's standby time was 225 hours but ars technica found it to only be 100 hours!!,thats rotten.

I can confirm mumbai grey market prices are coming down as more dealers get their hand on the phone & demand picking up.. each one is trying to under-quote the other.

I was quite surprised myself they came down this fast.. it will continue to drop till a float is reached once Apple declares the official pricing.. then you can expect prices to climb back till they are below the official price by around 2k or so depending on the dealer and "familiarity" level with him.

Back