Iphone 5 or Galaxy s3 or Note 2 ???

Harsheen

Disciple
Is Iphone 5 really a deal breaker or i should go for Galaxy s3. I am also thinking on Note 2. I am not so much attracted by Iphone 5 .....Currently I am using s2 .....Please suggest I really wanna upgrade it or if u have any other suggestion feel free....

The real deal breaker is iPhone 5 screen resolution... Where every phone manufacturer is launching a phone with HD resolution screen, apple went ahead with such a bizzare resolution... If they wanted to they could have achived 1280x720P under 4inch feat but they didnt do dat... Achieving this feat wouldn't have been impossible for a company like apple... and btw Sony has already beaten them in their own ppi game by launching a 4.3inch screen HD resolution phone (Xperia S)... even if they would have increased the size of the display from 4 to 4.3 inch it wouldnt have made much of a difference... As one wont be able to find much difference between a 4 inch screen and a 4.3 inch screen... apart from this con i loved every feature of iPhone 5... OP if you are not in a hurry, wait till the month of november or december as better phones than S3 are going to launch... i am holding my purchase too...

The real deal breaker is iPhone 5 screen resolution... Where every phone manufacturer is launching a phone with HD resolution screen, apple went ahead with such a bizzare resolution... If they wanted to they could have achived 1280x720P under 4inch feat but they didnt do dat... Achieving this feat wouldn't have been impossible for a company like apple... and btw Sony has already beaten them in their own ppi game by launching a 4.3inch screen HD resolution phone (Xperia S)... even if they would have increased the size of the display from 4 to 4.3 inch it wouldnt have made much of a difference... As one wont be able to find much difference between a 4 inch screen and a 4.3 inch screen... apart from this con i loved every feature of iPhone 5... OP if you are not in a hurry, wait till the month of november or december as better phones than S3 are going to launch... i am holding my purchase too...

I am waiting as well, though I am pretty sure that I am gonna get Note 2 by december.

Yup it is but on the new Note 2, Samsung has replaced Pentile matrix with a new one, according to GSMarena this one is more sharp thus makes up for the lower ppi.

Check it out: Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 preview: A closer look - GSMArena.com

True, Bro. I had read that review some time back. I am like this [.] close to getting the Note1. Should I hold on..? How much you think it will be priced higher vs. the current Note1 =~31K. And when shall we see it in India. It will have Jelly Bean OOTB.

Price of unlocked I phone 5 has been decided by Apple 680 euros (~ 903$) for Germany. So its close to 51000 INR.
IMHO Note 2 will be better in terms of maximum use quad core procy & big HD screen(Now more perceived sharpness) with Fluid JB, S Voice, eye tracker, multi tasking with resizable video player , S pen with 1024 pressure level + open source S pen SDK & other hell lot of features!!
Note 2 is really gonna rock :)

True, Bro. I had read that review some time back. I am like this [.] close to getting the Note1. Should I hold on..? How much you think it will be priced higher vs. the current Note1 =~31K. And when shall we see it in India. It will have Jelly Bean OOTB.

Well that depends. I personally like Note 1 because it is wider and thus actually feel like a mini tablet, whereas the Note 2 only feels like a bigger S3.
For me width does matter and thus would still prefer the original Note. But i will still wait for the launch of Note 2 and compare them side by side. Plus price of Note will obviously drop when Note2 launches.

Note 1 is an amazing handset, I have used, and trust me u wont look back to any smaller phone, Thats one of the main reason I have plans for Note 2 it has better screen and specs, I suggest u wait a bit longer, its launching next month and I am positive there will be a cut in Note 1's price. And with JB coming on Note 1 , its a set to beat :)

And about Note 2, dont expect the price to be under 40k, thats the minimum, pre-orders in UK suggest price around INR 48000.

It absoultely makes sense to wait for Note 2, I have the Note, and once you use the big screen you cannot move back. Word of caution if you are one of those chatterboxes, then the Note will feel awkward with extended hand held usage. BTW I feel Samsung will price the Note 2 competitively, the pre-order leak on infibeam suggested a price of 38k (If its true it will break the SIII market).

It absoultely makes sense to wait for Note 2, I have the Note, and once you use the big screen you cannot move back. Word of caution if you are one of those chatterboxes, then the Note will feel awkward with extended hand held usage. BTW I feel Samsung will price the Note 2 competitively, the pre-order leak on infibeam suggested a price of 38k (If its true it will break the SIII market).

That is most likely not true, The price is going to higher than 40k, it turned out that the pre-order price was just a way to generate huge traffic :p

I think it boils down to just that. The Note 1 is old technology now, been over an year since it came out. And reading the stuff on N2, it just sounds great. I shall wait for N2 to come out, and grab it. I just hope it does not breach 42-43K. That would be pushing it, to be honest. I think the Note series give both the tablet and phone experience in hand. Plus they have thrown in better goodies with the pen thingy. ;) That inifbeam thing was a hoax, and the websites pulled it off, which had reported that the Note 2 would retail at 38K. We should get it before the Americas though. I think, Diwali.

I think it boils down to just that. The Note 1 is old technology now, been over an year since it came out. And reading the stuff on N2, it just sounds great. I shall wait for N2 to come out, and grab it. I just hope it does not breach 42-43K. That would be pushing it, to be honest. I think the Note series give both the tablet and phone experience in hand. Plus they have thrown in better goodies with the pen thingy. ;) That inifbeam thing was a hoax, and the websites pulled it off, which had reported that the Note 2 would retail at 38K. We should get it before the Americas though. I think, Diwali.

Diwali it seems, but the price is a worry :|

Back