iOS iPhone 7 Outgoing call Issue

honest1

Adept
Folks, I am using iPhone 7 with Airtel 4G which was working perfectly fine till 2 days before.
However, from the last 2 days, facing a strange issue.
Did some investigation and found that when I turn "Enable 4G" for either "data" or "data & voice", I am unable to make outgoing calls. The dialer tries to call the number but after 2 min, it displays as call failed. Data works fine with 4G speed.

However, as soon as I turn "Enable 4G" to off, the calls works normally. However, with this option, there is no 4G data services and phone only works in 3G mode.

Now I have put Jio SIM in my phone and in that, there is no option to "Enable 4G" option however everything works fine including voice and LTE data.

I am in Mumbai circle with Airtel 4G SIM,

Really dont know what is the solution!'

Photo 24-07-17, 21 47 55.png Photo 24-07-17, 21 45 46.png

Have tried Reset Network settings and Reset Settings.
However, none of them worked.[DOUBLEPOST=1500916886][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's airtel which pushed volte enabling update to carrier setting..
Set 4g to data only.

Airtel yet to launch volte
Yes,did that, however when I put it to "only data", still not able to call as the network during call jumps from 3G to 4G and vice versa until the call fails.

Last edited:
Send their nodal officer an email. They have to respond in 24-48 hours.

BTW, can you still receive incoming calls in 4G ?

As I said,airtel doesn't do volte yet.so for all calls,it has to revert to 3g 2g for csfb calling.
They have messed up the carrier update in your iPhone 7.

Faced this issue with my Airtel phone today afternoon. I could not make outgoing or incoming calls, neither was data working, but I could call customer care on 121 with the same phone and SIM. The idiotic response? try your SIM in another phone. I am like :facepalm:

Try this : Remove the SIM - > reset network settings - > put the SIM it in another phone for some time then switch back.

Even when I turn off 4G, it works fine. The issue is with 4G. Will visit airtel store to get new sim.[DOUBLEPOST=1501064059][/DOUBLEPOST]Update: In the afternoon, the calls started working fine!
Now there is no dangling between 3G and 4G. I had set 4G to data.

This was 10 min before I was planning to go to store :)

Last edited:
Back