iOS Iphone 7 plus battery replacement at Apple store process?

Trickshot17

Disciple
Anyone had any experience in replacing their iphone battery in apple store? I just have some doubts.
1. Do i need to unlock or share my passcode to the technician in order to get my battery replaced?
2. Should i need to back up my data before handing my device?

Anyone had any experience in replacing their iphone battery in apple store? I just have some doubts.
1. Do i need to unlock or share my passcode to the technician in order to get my battery replaced?

Don't have exact answers but if I were you, I would backup the phone and reset it completely and then give them after setting up as new and then when I get it back, restore from backup.
Also, do check with apple reseller before whether they have batter or not. You do not want them to keep your device for a week to replace the battery. Ask them beforehand if they can do it while you wait.

Lastly, if you are ok with 3rd party batteries, one good option is to get it done through cashify and someone will visit your place and do in front of you in 10 min. I got it done that way.

I have the battery for ip6+, was wondering if it can be done .
I have swapped batteries and mobos of many phones especially moto phones in past , before watching YouTube videos to do the same in iPhone 6+ thought of asking you RD

Last edited:
I had replaced my 6s battery back in 2018 at Apple authorised store.
They asked me to write down my passcode on job sheet which was folded with the phone. They remove sim too and give it to you.
They said they were +- on resetting device, but I had backed up anyway.
They did reset my device, they said Apple diagnostics software resets device to do its work.
Battery was not in stock. Had to pay and wait for about a week. Actual replacement took less than an hour.

Personally, I would do a backup and reset phone myself. 90% chance they’ll format anyway.

Last edited:
you dont have to share passcode. you would have to pay for the battery replacement and diagnostics charges and probably wait a week so that they get the battery in stock. they will call you once they have the stock and you can go there and get it replaced within 1 hour. i paid 5000+600 (Diag. charges) for SE 1st gen battery replacement last year

Don't have exact answers but if I were you, I would backup the phone and reset it completely and then give them after setting up as new and then when I get it back, restore from backup.
Also, do check with apple reseller before whether they have batter or not. You do not want them to keep your device for a week to replace the battery. Ask them beforehand if they can do it while you wait.

Lastly, if you are ok with 3rd party batteries, one good option is to get it done through cashify and someone will visit your place and do in front of you in 10 min. I got it done that way.
i want water resistant to be still there. I don't think cashify will do that.

i want water resistant to be still there. I don't think cashify will do that.

Well I didn't care about water resistance part and I am not even sure what kind of water resistance my phone has (6S). At Rupees 1349, price against apple's > 3000 price, it was no brainer. I have had bad experience with apple original replacement battery in US when it went bad in 6 months or so and they only provide I think 90 days warranty on battery or may be 6 Months, not sure.

Last edited:
Well I didn't care about water resistance part and I am not even sure what kind of water resistance my phone has (6S). At Rupees 1349, price against apple's > 3000 price, it was no brainer. I have had bad experience with apple original replacement battery in US when it went back in 6 months or so and they only provide I think 90 days warranty on battery or may be 6 Months, not sure.
I do lots of bike ride. When it rains i don't need worry about my phone. Thats why i opted for apple store replacement.

Back