iOS Iphone X worth it?

Hi,
Sorry Mods Is it possible to put this in Mobile buying advice.
As you guys may have seen my thread on Sale that I have been trying to sell Iphone X for a relative.

My oppo F5 which I am using now ...I honestly find its just okay very average .
I never liked Oppo brand I dont know why I made the same mistake twice in my life with mobile phones as my previous phone was also Oppo.

Now to the point ....I was thinking of keeping that(over 18 months or so current battery life -78%) Iphone X and long story short I will just have to pay about 20k (very close relative so getting good discount)
It seems good price but is it worth it?
My main purpose to own a mobile phone is Mapping( Gaia, Google earth etc) and Camera and battery( i think i will have to change battery in near future but till now it seems pretty okay) . Rest like call and whatsapp are pretty ordinary stuff.

Does Apple support their phone for a long time?. I am looking for good 2-3 years of usage here.

How good is Iphone X camera? Anyone with good photography skills with mobile phone can help here if i can get a really good camera phone better than Iphone X for 20k elsewhere(andorid) .

help me out guys to take a good decision.

I'd say go for it until it shows its age. Your requirements are fairly basic and you don't really need an S21 or a Note 21 or something. It's just my personal opinion though. Sorry if I've offended you in any manner.

I'd say go for it until it shows its age. Your requirements are fairly basic and you don't really need an S21 or a Note 21 or something. It's just my personal opinion though. Sorry if I've offended you in any manner.
Bhai...there was nothing wrong what you said so no offense taken.
Thanks .
Yes my needs are very basic.

The only thing that I would worry about in a used iPhone is the battery life. Replace the battery and you are good to go.
another thing about 3+ year old phones is cpu temp. i've always found old phones tend to heat much more and faster compared to the same phone in a newer condition. not just exclusive to iphones. android phones do it more and quicker in my experience.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I still have not completely decided to keep it but I have transferred some stuff and trying to get a hang of it before I take a final decision in few days.

I am using Apple stuff after a long time . First was Iphone 3g, Then Ipad and now straight Iphone X.
Now when you guys said Apple keeps supporting the device for next 2-3 years I can get that but I also heard it withdraws support for Apps that are already compatible before and this is my personal experience from Ipad 1 as I am not able to download Google Play books on Ipad. Its the most basic app. Just for reading books.

So will that happen with Iphone X too. Like even basic apps like Youtube, Google maps, Playbooks, Kindle etc can become unsupportable after 2023.
The only thing that I would worry about in a used iPhone is the battery life. Replace the battery and you are good to go.
Battery is still quite decent tbh. I do have to charge at the end of the day though. So about 1.5 times charging full day is what I have noticed till now but I have not put my Sim yet so maybe once i put my Sim I will come to know exactly the battery power. But I am using GPS...maps ...Wifi and heavily downloading huge maps .
another thing about 3+ year old phones is cpu temp. i've always found old phones tend to heat much more and faster compared to the same phone in a newer condition. not just exclusive to iphones. android phones do it more and quicker in my experience.
No problem yet with it getting warm .

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I still have not completely decided to keep it but I have transferred some stuff and trying to get a hang of it before I take a final decision in few days.

I am using Apple stuff after a long time . First was Iphone 3g, Then Ipad and now straight Iphone X.
Now when you guys said Apple keeps supporting the device for next 2-3 years I can get that but I also heard it withdraws support for Apps that are already compatible before and this is my personal experience from Ipad 1 as I am not able to download Google Play books on Ipad. Its the most basic app. Just for reading books.

So will that happen with Iphone X too. Like even basic apps like Youtube, Google maps, Playbooks, Kindle etc can become unsupportable after 2023.

Battery is still quite decent tbh. I do have to charge at the end of the day though. So about 1.5 times charging full day is what I have noticed till now but I have not put my Sim yet so maybe once i put my Sim I will come to know exactly the battery power. But I am using GPS...maps ...Wifi and heavily downloading huge maps .

No problem yet with it getting warm .

don't worry about app support. apple chips since A9 are very capable. such basic apps will be supported for at least 4-5 years. and at least 2 more years of full iOS updates. an iPhone 6s from 2015 still runs beautifully considering its age.

for 20k no doubt it's an amazing pick. would suggest changing the battery right away though.

don't worry about app support. apple chips since A9 are very capable. such basic apps will be supported for at least 4-5 years. and at least 2 more years of full iOS updates. an iPhone 6s from 2015 still runs beautifully considering its age.

for 20k no doubt it's an amazing pick. would suggest changing the battery right away though.
Thanks again.
As for battery I noticed it is pretty decent but if i really need to change I will change it within next 6 months.

Back