iPod Nano

tracerbullet said:
I've tested/evaluated very many mp3 players and nothing stands close to the iPods (minus the Shuffles which s.u.c.k. entirely) when it comes to ergonomics, menu-navigation and build quality.

You forgot sound quality. It is not in the league of the irivers. Abt the rest, I agree with you. Ergonomics, menu navigation, etc the ipod rules.... but when it comes to sound quality, the iriver rules.

The sound quality of the ipods are good. Not great like the irivers.

tracerbullet said:
Yeah Blade, but the prices you've mentioned are from the grey-market. Apple India has all their stuff well over 15k, such is the luck.

@digen: Go for the black Nano. It'll be well worth the price (grey-markt of course). I've tested/evaluated very many mp3 players and nothing stands close to the iPods (minus the Shuffles which s.u.c.k. entirely) when it comes to ergonomics, menu-navigation and build quality. This in my opinion is what counts in such devices: ease of use. As long as the sound quality and overall performance is good, I don't care about anything else.

Hehe you absolutely forgot audio quality.... the shuffles have the flattest response amongst all the ipods and probably are the most accurate as well. The mini is too bright, the ipod seems to have a muddled soundstage. The irivers beat the ipods in audio quality though... and btw the bundled ipod earbuds suck :p.

Last edited by a moderator:
digen said:
Sorry for bumping this thread but I had to ask.

The 12k approx price would it be the direct from apple price or through the dealer price?

Cause I've seen rate fluctuations at various online shopping mals for example consider rediff shopping.

The original ipod shuffle price is 7k odd to be approximate,but its available at 5k odd at rediff with warranty.

Are these gray market ? or is it that dealer prices are way lower than MRP prices as in most of the cases which would apply here too?

The thing is I got some cash to shell out,around 9k to be precise.I was looking for a portable mp3 player anyways,any suggestions or should I start another thread?

well , this blatant marketing, but i have got 1 passenger piece of logik(flash based ) mp3 player(brand new) which even supports wma ,sound recording and excellent quality sound ;), its a 1gb player which will cost around 5.8k interested parties, do pm me....

@ digen lemme know if u interested init..????

tracerbullet said:
As long as the sound quality and overall performance is good, I don't care about anything else.

No I didn't forget sound quality, which is why I'm quoting myself. I haven't looked at the irivers so I can't say too much about those, but I can tell you what I think of Apple's sound quality. It's more warm than clanky. Which makes some genres of music sound brilliant and others not so good.

But I've reasoned myself out before. For me, as long as the sound quality is good it's the ease of use that makes the difference. If I was looking for an exceptional listening experience then I'd blast the music on my home stereo system.

For instance, I've been using a 40GB photo for over a month now and I'm more than happy with it.

Cool thanks for the info guys.If any of you find when the Ipod Nano gets here in India then do buzz me here.

Also the dealer name & contact number would be great.

Now got both the ipod mini as well as the nano two days after its release in the US :hap2:

will post more later ,(my bro just back from NY,chicago where it was bought from for 200$).

thnx guys :D ...im on a 2gb ...still charging up first time .will leave it for the night,so still to check. But i noticed the simplicity in which i tunes just added another device ,no hassles .

Back