ipod touch steel backside white stains

I have an ipod touch 4G and i use a perforated mesh backplate to protect the steel side from scratches. After an year when i removed the backplate i found that there are white spots on the backplate all over like the rusting that deposits over aluminium plate. Now, when i tried to remove it by cleaning applying some water or Colin, its not getting cleaned.

I want to get rid of it and make the steel side as it was new. How can i get rid of this thing? I can assure that those are not scratches.

For understanding the whole scene,here's the picture of what has happened..

Attachments

• IMG410.jpg
    IMG410.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 276
try rubbing with a car polish (not wax) with a microfiber cloth/sponge pad. something like amway silicon glaze can do the job. Other options will b expensive.

Some suggest using toothpaste for buffing the stainless steel back. Toothpaste contains minute amounts of abrasives so a small blob on the back and light rubbing with some tissue or cloth may help it. Please do a Google search for this.

Haven't tried it in person so cannot suggest how effective this is.

have the same problem on my iPod touch tried all types of liquids did not go but may try the toothpaste experiment and see how it works out

if you want to buff steel, no need to go out and buy some liquid. just go into the kitchen and look for liquid detergent - vim or henkel. put a tiny drop of it on a damp microfiber or a bit of newspaper and rub the spot with circular motions. if you see the water become black, just wipe it off with a damp cloth and then dry it off. it will remove tough stains without damaging.

Do not use the scrubpad used to wash utensils for this job - it will leave scratch marks on steel.

do at your own risk.

You will need a replacement, most of the methods(if not all)to clean the backplate will erase, or damage the ipod logo, since it was laser imprinted. Get a replacement, it costs 20$, or simply get a cover.

Back