Monitors IPS Monitor 22"/23"/24"

YashBhatt

Insanely Idiotic
Adept
Hi Guys,
I'm looking for an IPS Monitor under 15K for my cousin's desktop
How is AOC i2353PH ??
Are there any other options for IPS Panels under my budget ??

P.S : Budget can't be extended (15K Max)

You shouldn't be looking at anything other than the Dell U2312.

It retails for around 14k in Mumbai but you can also try getting it for 12.5k at indiatimes shopping with the diwali offer going on right now.

You shouldn't be looking at anything other than the Dell U2312.

It retails for around 14k in Mumbai but you can also try getting it for 12.5k at indiatimes shopping with the diwali offer going on right now.

Alright that's one option,Thanks
So the only best option for me is Dell U2312 ?? I'm not ordering it online,mostly locally

Theres no other option afaik. The AOC i2353PH has lame build quality and its reliance on its stand makes wall mounting ugly, not to mention it doesn't have Dells pick-up and drop warranty either but it is cheaper. Display wise I believe the i2353PH is only slightly worse than then U2312 (I've not personally compared them) but since your budget is 15k I suggest you go all out and get the U2312.

There is one cheaper (and slightly smaller) AOC ips display but its not worth consideration. LG also has two IPS displays but they are very difficult to find on the market.

Theres no other option afaik. The AOC i2353PH has lame build quality and its reliance on its stand makes wall mounting ugly, not to mention it doesn't have Dells pick-up and drop warranty either but it is cheaper. Display wise I believe the i2353PH is only slightly worse than then U2312 (I've not personally compared them) but since your budget is 15k I suggest you go all out and get the U2312.

There is one cheaper (and slightly smaller) AOC ips display but its not worth consideration. LG also has two IPS displays but they are very difficult to find on the market.

Well then i'm left with just Dell U2312
Also as you said LG has a IPS225V and LG IPS236V which i'm also gonna check it out if available locally

Good luck but I'd be very careful with buying those LG monitors, LG technical support themselves have no clue about where these models are being sold or about which model is available. They have no idea about the IPS225V and (according to them) the IPS236V isn't even present in their LCD/LED portfolio (!!). ASS could be tricky.

Good luck but I'd be very careful with buying those LG monitors, LG technical support themselves have no clue about where these models are being sold or about which model is available. They have no idea about the IPS225V and (according to them) the IPS236V isn't even present in their LCD/LED portfolio (!!). ASS could be tricky.

LOL !! Weird guys
Mostly i will go with Dell U2312,if i like what i see then probably will replace my AOC and get one for myself as well :)
Thanks the suggestion @RD274

Last edited by a moderator:
the dell is a good option..get it if u can afford it...goes for 14.5k in bangalore...
I got a philips 22" ips, costs almost half, but then build aint as good as that of the dell...here is a small review of my monitor just for ur reference..
http://techforumindia.com/index.php?topic=7282.0

Thanks for the link,will have a look
Btw,i'm not buying it for myself it's for cousin if i like the monitor when i purchase it for him,i'll get the same one too :p

My major concern is the image quality as i'm completely used to seeing an IPS Panel on my Vaio that it becomes really difficult for me to concentrate on my AOC 2036SA(dull display)

Go ahead with Dell U2312-HM - there is'nt any match to it at all (within the stated price range). I am using the same & totally satisfied.

Where did you buy it from ??

Online purchase from theitwares.com [it's was not advertised]..... speak to Rahul. I paid Rs15.5K about 7 weeks ago, this was also when stocks were very low in Mumbai..... prices have come down very much since then.

If you are willing to pick it up yourself - then go to lammy. Prime also does stock it (again it may not be seen online).

Hope you are aware that this monitor does not have an HDMI port [It has DVI-D - cable provided and the top-end "display-port" - no cable provided, I had to spend another 1.2K for this cable]. Do not ever use the VGA port to connect this beauty (it's a waste). So I hope the motherboard/GPU that you have has a display-port or a DVD-D

Note: I also procurred Bulk of my new RIG's components from theitwares & paid through NEFT. Had everything home delivered within 24 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Locally they being sold for 17k :eek:

Dunno why Dell is not providing sufficient stock's to Mumbai :23:

Check out prices at smcinternational - about 3 weeks back they were offering it for 14.3K or 14.7K inclusive of delivery anywhere in India

Thats ridiculous. Call up more dealers, thats definitely not the price. It shouldn't cross 15k imo.

I just called up Prime and ITwares and they quoted 17K-17.5K
Looks like the prices have gone up

Btw,is this monitor still a good buy at 17K ??

17K:p,Not worth it for 17k,The online pricing is 15.5k for Dell U2312HM @TheITWares,Maybe shipping charges are 1.5k or so but that's too much.If you're willing pay that much then go for this-Asus PA238Q-18k
I just called up Prime and ITwares and they quoted 17K-17.5K
Looks like the prices have gone up

Btw,is this monitor still a good buy at 17K ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back