Iriver Clix or Cowon D2?

A friend of mine is coming from the US in a couple of weeks time and I'd like to buy either of the 2 media players listed above.....

which one is better?
one big plus that the D2 has over the Clix is the touchscreen functionaility and an SD slot.

I dont think audio quality and all is such an issue as both should be equally good.
THe only concern I have is whether there is any support for the D2, in case the touchscreen thing stops working n stuff.

here's a D2 review : Cowon D2 Review

waiting for ur suggestions ... :huh:

TechHead said:
get the D2.
Both Cowon and iRiver are now officially in India, so support here shouldn't be an issue.
Cowon is in india ?..not seen anything from them in my city yet.

I've seen Cown's stuf on the web, fantastic.

I'm an iRiver fan since 2001.

These Koreans are really hungry :clap:

^^Cowon D2 is available in india for 12.5k.

Go for Cowon D2.Although it remains to be seen how long that touchscreen works/lasts,the added SD slot will come in real handy.Clix is an older model to be replaced by the clix 2.

yes, D2 is very good for it's price & features. You will be amazed at it's size. I have got the 2GB one with 2 * 8GB SDHC cards :)

I had bought it from b&h(usa), through my friend around two months back since it was not available locally here then.

Also if you are going to get the D2 don't forget to get the 8GB SDHC cards that D2 supports.

Check this links for the best deal on D2 and the SDHC card,
Newegg.com - A-DATA 8GB Secure Digital High-Capacity(SDHC) Class 2 Flash Card Model Super SDHC 8G - Retail
Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

A 10 GB flash player (2GB internal + 8 GB SDHC) for 240$(under 10k INR) with awesome specs is always a great buy.

Only drawback buying D2 from US is that COWON does not have an international warranty so if something goes bad you are stuck.

Good Luck with your purchase

Back