Is AirTel Throttling torrents ?

Will try and post back the results ASAP. I hope it does wonders for me too !

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Found this solution which has been claimed to be effective by other members on the same forum , here is a carbon copy of the content :

As we all know, P2P speed in India is being throttled by Airtel. For those who cannot afford VPN or Torrentflux hosting, below are the alternative Bittorrent client that can be used to bypass traffic shaping by Airtel. All these are working perfectly fine for me on most sites :

1. Xunlei a.k.a. Thunder : Download it here : Thunder5.8.13.699.zip
(30% Chinese ) (Super Stable) This is a port and is completely adfree.

2. Deluge : Download from here : http://www.rasterbar.com/products/libtorrent/ (Unstable but working fine for me )

3. Halite: https://sourceforge.net/projects/halite/ (Unstable but working fine for me )

This and the other method can only be tried during daytime, as at night, speed isn't compromised. So will revert ASAP 2mrw morning :)

I think its back to normal now. I don't see any reduction in P2P speeds during the day for the last few days here in Bangalore. What about other users?

I have no problem with Vuze+ Demonoid torrents..

In uTorrent,it barely touches 10... Never tried anything else though

Can the people who are facing these problems, try the "Protocol Encryption" option in utorrent and post your results?

Options -> Preferences -> Bittorrent -> Protocol Encryption (Try Enabled and Forced, both and check)

GLeMI.png

same thing happening to me i also have 2mbps plan MAX 30GB but usually i get low speeds in torrent in day time after 9 or 10 at night i get perfect 220 - 270 kbps. can this problem be fixed or do we have to suffer this shit forever?

I tried calling customer care to fix this problem for about 50 times but always they give the same crap that sir we don't support torrents if you want to check the download speed please download something from microsoft.com, i mean cut the crap every body takes high speed plan for downloading torrents not for downloading crap from microsoft.com. Airtel needs to fix this shit coz i am done they suck a lot.

hector19 said:
Bro, Don't bang your head, IT IS CRAPTEL in fact responsible for your ISSUE !.

Airtel's throttling torrent started long back :p , am a victim :( on my 2mbps i just get 15 - 50 Avg speeds

on a well seeded torrent, from Major Private trackers :(

NO use raising a compliant , as its really useless and waste of time.

check speed throttling - YouTube
this is the proof that airtel is throttling torrents download speed i recorded this video my self.
bbthumbhealer said:
Hi Guys,

Since a past few weeks, i have been experiencing really slow torrent downloads on my 512kbps Airtel plan. When i download directly from servers as in case of eg. Filehippo, or any mp3 websites , i m getting full download speeds but when i dwnld thru torrents, even if the seeds and peers are available, the torrent refuses to start and when it does, it manages a measly 22-30 kBps :( The speeds hardly goes beyond that, and if it does increases to the max., it remains for 30 seconds or so.

So it leaves me to guess, is Craptel blocking torrents ? Are anyone of u having this kind of issues, and is their anyway to get out of this crap ?
Regards,
BBThumbHealer :)

my glasnost test shows that airtel is indeed limiting my bittorent speeds.man,what a drag.i get about 50 kbps speed on my 4mbps connection,this pisses me off so much.have you guys found out any effective bypassing methods?then please,share!

^^nothing mate,

I have downgrade my tariff plan and Using SB for 1000 bucks :cool2: with 100 mbps (Unlimited unrestricted bandwidth) and 500 GB space.

Total cost around 1800 bucks for one month and huge buffer @ every tracker & I even dnt need to care about this shitty fukctel :mad:

Back