Is Anyone Facing Frequent Disconnection On MTNL Triband

Hi,

I have Been Facing Frequent Disconnection On MTNL Triband, Since Yesterday,

It Disconnects & Reconnects Every 1-2 Minutes, Its Getting Annoying Now:mad:

hi,

guess the 2 of u can login to ur router and try chaging the dsl modulation from ADSL+2 to G.DMT. If this fails, then i guess the best bet is to call 198 and make an electronic complaint.

vishalk said:
hi,

guess the 2 of u can login to ur router and try chaging the dsl modulation from ADSL+2 to G.DMT. If this fails, then i guess the best bet is to call 198 and make an electronic complaint.

I m using Beetel 450 BXI cant find any setting for G.DMT

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

everything is back to normal now.

1-2 minutes is usually a problem with the line being "earthed"..however MTNL does have a policy of auto-disconnection every 6 hrs

Even I'm facing the same issue since yesterday. I almost ended up believing it to be my router's fault. Same issue had cropped up last week for a day as well.

vishalk said:
hi,

Can you please explain what will this do? What's G.DMT mode vs. ADSL2+? There's a MIXED mode as well, right? What does that do?

cyberwiz said:
1-2 minutes is usually a problem with the line being "earthed"..however MTNL does have a policy of auto-disconnection every 6 hrs

This is apart from the six-hour auto disconnect policy. Since the last 2 days, I've been facing disconnect every 10-20 minutes.

IIRC they are upgrading systems to Broadband on Demand. you will be able to choose whatever speed you want to browse at, irrespective of your plan, at nominal charges for a timeframe.

Hi,
Even i have been experiencing this problem for the last 2-3 months. Its seems they r laying some new lines - that was the explanation given by a MTNL employee...The net is so pathetic that i have to refresh the page every minute .

You might have a parallel connection problem,

Disconnect all the Phones having that number and see if the problem is solved...

If it is solved u'll have to do re-wiring....

Most of the times, it is the problem with the wires, see if there are any cuts and yes parallel line do pose such problem, i had this frustrating problem for a while, got it solved by replacing the wire.

Emperor said:
Also RAIN is big factor if your MTNL wire travel through open space from MTNL BOX to your place.
Rain can be a big factor now-a-days...... seems perfect for me....... no problems so far....... am on UL1333......

the 6hr disconnect remains as usual, which u can c in the scrnshot..... but tht is hardly of any trouble while downloading torrents......

fw2is7.jpg

gamingstill said:
me too facing frequent disconnections :(

SNR values below 10dB as a result of dry joints, parallel telephone, faulty ADSL splitter and sometime router itself can do disconnections. Do a check on those figures in the router admin page.

Really fcking tired of this bullsh!t ISP, just really wish I did not live in an area where there are some muthafukas who rule over the cable distribution coz all I am left with is Sify which is 10 times worse then this ISP.

Issues faced since April 11

1- Frequent Disconnections, at least 3-4 times a day.
2- Fluctuating speeds through out the day, absolutely pathetic speeds on
sites like youtube.com

Tried sending a email to their helpdesk

Code:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email]triband.helpdesk@mtnl.net.in[/email]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Probe failed: Too many resources/connections in use for: mtnl.net.in

God damn! Srsly what does this country have to do to have a decent ISP FFS!!

I also get frequent disconnections but i don't notice them while surfing and downloading,i notice it while a playing dota on garena ,getting disconnected middle of the game is so annoying ,ruins a game and reputation of the id.

When it comes to low speeds and frequent disconnections, the first thing I could think of if the Low SNR Margin rate, which if below 6 can cause such problems and give you terribly low speeds at the same time.

Back