iOS Is Apple India discontinuing International warranty?

With iPhones they need invoice now in Delhi as well although it varies from centre to centre, but it’s only for phones not for other devices which still carry the usual paperless warranty. From what I came to know the Indian dealers were pressuring Apple to go for this as many started getting iPhones from Duabi.

It's for every apple global product be it phone, ipad, watch any of them. This has happened due to the price difference between the Indian and international Apple products.

With iPhones they need invoice now in Delhi as well although it varies from centre to centre, but it’s only for phones not for other devices which still carry the usual paperless warranty. From what I came to know the Indian dealers were pressuring Apple to go for this as many started getting iPhones from Duabi.
Is there something like the Dubai version being a lot cheaper or something?

It's for every apple global product be it phone, ipad, watch any of them. This has happened due to the price difference between the Indian and international Apple products.
Makes sense but I doubt when considering nation wide numbers, the dubai import numbers would be significant.
But somehow you can still save 10-20k depending on apple product by going for grey market right in your city. These might be more significant as they are selling somehow by evading customs.

Are you sure about this? When you say invoice, would they accept an invoice from abroad?

As far as I know it’s only valid for iPhones and that too it’s a hit or miss depending on the centre you visit.

Is there something like the Dubai version being a lot cheaper or something?
12 pro max 256gb goes for 90k ish range in gray market dubai. they import it from other parts of the world. so they don’t have a proper invoice.

if you buy from authorised apple resellers /stores (where it’s more expensive compared to gray but still a lot cheaper than india) from anywhere in the world, you can still claim warranty. but these gray market imports don’t come with one.

As far as I know it’s only valid for iPhones and that too it’s a hit or miss depending on the centre you visit.
like i mentioned earlier, i was asked for invoice for airpods pro. so it’s not just for iphones. this was a year back. 2020 june.

many people in kerala make a living out of just reselling apple products.

Their are genuinely good brands who ask for physical copy of invoice. Nothing wrong in that.
Sennheiser for example does that as there are lots of fake stuff floating around.
But they are not like Apple, with no fixed policy. Apple just targets soft people everywhere. You show them you don't care about their "brand value" and "standards" and all the bullshit...they will listen to you. A friend of mine fried her M1 Air motherboard ( the usual dock story) they simply refused to do ANYTHING about it!!
Few phone calls, some arguments...little bit of "loosing it" brought them back quickly to the ground, and we walked out with a brand new replacement.
Something you just can't do with genuinely good brands. If you don't have the physical bill of the HD820s that you bought yesterday and it developed some issues ( never happens really) they WON'T DO ANYTHING!!
You take out the physical invoice...on 1 year 365th day, they will provide you with a new one.
That's the difference between a professional company and an once professional (now largest and richest toy manufacturing) company.

like i mentioned earlier, i was asked for invoice for airpods pro. so it’s not just for iphones. this was a year back. 2020 june.

many people in kerala make a living out of just reselling apple products.
Hmm that's strange and totally different from my experience which I shared on this thread here.

https://techenclave.com/threads/apple-india-feedback-thread.197958/

Their are genuinely good brands who ask for physical copy of invoice. Nothing wrong in that.
Sennheiser for example does that as there are lots of fake stuff floating around.
But they are not like Apple, with no fixed policy. Apple just targets soft people everywhere. You show them you don't care about their "brand value" and "standards" and all the bullshit...they will listen to you. A friend of mine fried her M1 Air motherboard ( the usual dock story) they simply refused to do ANYTHING about it!!
Few phone calls, some arguments...little bit of "loosing it" brought them back quickly to the ground, and we walked out with a brand new replacement.
Something you just can't do with genuinely good brands. If you don't have the physical bill of the HD820s that you bought yesterday and it developed some issues ( never happens really) they WON'T DO ANYTHING!!
You take out the physical invoice...on 1 year 365th day, they will provide you with a new one.
That's the difference between a professional company and an once professional (now largest and richest toy manufacturing) company.
With Sennheiser you don't even have to go to service center, just mail them and then ship headphones to them. They will happily send you a new one, my experience.

Yes, true...but love to visit them from time to time... knowledgeable people, friendly people..plus free German lessons!!

Hmm that's strange and totally different from my experience which I shared on this thread here.

https://techenclave.com/threads/apple-india-feedback-thread.197958/

With Sennheiser you don't even have to go to service center, just mail them and then ship headphones to them. They will happily send you a new one, my experience.
That is coz they don't have service centre in every city that's the reason they ask customers to ship their goods to them and yes you need the purchase invoice to claim warranty.

Same is with SanDisk/Google they also ask their customers to ship their faulty goods.

With Sennheiser you need the physical invoice everywhere. Even Focal Audio often insists on it for their IEMs.
Beyer doesn't often ask for anything for DT 770/880/990 and higher models. I managed to do the impossible!! Bending the grills on one side of DT1990 ( put a chair and sat on it), it was beyond warranty, they just laughed and replaced the entire grill for free ( with a handwritten note saying...this is a pair of headphones only, thanks for having so much faith on us...in German)
Unlike Apple, these are thoroughly professional brands. Apple has grown so BIG..may be that's the problem (not the greed) Seriously, they didn't suck so much just 10 years ago, even in Kolkata.

I was in the same city and yet I mailed them my earphones. Regardless Sennheiser is a cool company, they even organised a meet up for Delhi folks to come and demo their HD 820 and HDV 820 setup with a cool lunch to boot. Coming to Apple, it all depends on the particular service center I guess since we don't have 1st party handling it like in US and Western Europe.

Western Europe? Are countries like Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France western enough?
Apple service sucks at least in Berlin and Amsterdam ( first hand experience) My 2012 MBP ( the last one with optical drive) developed some charging issues ( the magsafe adopter was blinking plus something else..don't really remember) Went to a seminar @ Berlin and needed it to prepare a Keynote presentation.
The authorised service center at Kurfürstendamm simply refused to have a look as it was almost 4 years old at that point ( the magsafe adopter was less than 6 months old, as they kept on failing, but that particular one could charge my wife's computer perfectly) and the ODD was replaced with a HDD.
I gave up too early, as I was fairly new and too naive that time.

Are you sure about this? When you say invoice, would they accept an invoice from abroad?
I don't think so as that defeats the whole purpose of implementing this new policy for iPhones.

They are asking for invoice only because they want to verify it as an Indian purchase else they usually check all these details with cross checking of serial number in their database.

Western Europe? Are countries like Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France western enough?
Apple service sucks at least in Berlin and Amsterdam ( first hand experience) My 2012 MBP ( the last one with optical drive) developed some charging issues ( the magsafe adopter was blinking plus something else..don't really remember) Went to a seminar @ Berlin and needed it to prepare a Keynote presentation.
The authorised service center at Kurfürstendamm simply refused to have a look as it was almost 4 years old at that point ( the magsafe adopter was less than 6 months old, as they kept on failing, but that particular one could charge my wife's computer perfectly) and the ODD was replaced with a HDD.
I gave up too early, as I was fairly new and too naive that time.
Looks like it sucks everywhere except Delhi.

Last edited:
I don't think so as that defeats the whole purpose of implementing this new policy for iPhones.

They are asking for invoice only because they want to verify it as an Indian purchase else they usually check all these details with cross checking of serial number in their database.

Looks like it sucks everywhere except Delhi.
That sucks, the least they can do is do this for future models and not for the current ones so that buyers are vary.

That sucks, the least they can do is do this for future models and not for the current ones so that buyers are vary.
It's very vague for what comes under the new policy and what's not. 10 people may come up with 10 totally different experiences as nothing is strictly defined or implemented.

Better buy from India itself to be on safer side.

It's very vague for what comes under the new policy and what's not. 10 people may come up with 10 totally different experiences as nothing is strictly defined or implemented.

Better buy from India itself to be on safer side.
Yeah but the difference in price is so large! Especially for iPhone 12 Pro models. At least if they reduce the disparity in pricing this could become a viable option

Mod Edit: Please use English

This can turn to serious problems. Suppose some Indian is working in US ( you IT professionals should know better) comes to India ( either on vacation or transferred back) and his/her iphone develops some hardware issues? Can't buy again ( at the insane Indian pricing)?

Most Chinese Android phones don't work properly once you travel from one continent to another ( specially LTE) iphones do, pretty seamlessly ( at least with one physical SIM)
Blackberry was good...worked in every corner of the world from Anchorage to Canberra with zero issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but the difference in price is so large! Especially for iPhone 12 Pro models. At least if they reduce the disparity in pricing this could become a viable option
Blame Indian government for high taxes, rich folks who buy such models should not complain about price difference either. If you can afford a 80k phone then you can also afford to pay 100k.

Back