iOS Is Apple India discontinuing International warranty?

Blame Indian government for high taxes, rich folks who buy such models should not complain about price difference either. If you can afford a 80k phone then you can also afford to pay 100k.
Let me tell you a secret, the rich folk buy it at a much cheaper price than the rest.
I have seen these people bill most things to their company and claim both tax refund and depreciation on it.
The only class that gets <insert your favorite expletive here> is the salaried class.

Because AFAIK they get Form 16A ( not form 16) from the companies they work for.
That's not salary but professional fees, there are certain exemptions for them.
Like a doctor can claim refund for rent for clinic.

So im guessing this is not true? Or maybe partially true? As long as you have a receipt to show its genuine you should be good to get the warranty right?

So im guessing this is not true? Or maybe partially true? As long as you have a receipt to show its genuine you should be good to get the warranty right?
I am getting few reports that some service centers are insisting on indian bill.
But i think these are dependent on service centers than Apple in general

It was sarcasm and it is not true. None of the other phones that are imported inflate their prices so much. It is simply apple using this opportunity to fleece buyers more.
Not the case. Apple is taxed 22% of import duty followed by 18% GST. Hence the price. Government wants to tax such premium products.

Not the case. Apple is taxed 22% of import duty followed by 18% GST. Hence the price. Government wants to tax such premium products.
Not the case. Many other premium smartphones don't have that premium attached. Stop blaming the government for apples money grabbing practices.even apples own ipad doesn't carry the greed tax.

Oh... Is it only in India? Where both are taxed I thought its the same around the world. [emoji1787]
Not the extent it’s done in India.
Not the case. Many other premium smartphones don't have that premium attached. Stop blaming the government for apples money grabbing practices.even apples own ipad doesn't carry the greed tax.
stop interpreting things I didn’t say. i never said Apple is not money grabbing. I said iPhone prices in India is high because of IMPORT DUTY AND GST.

1627966458504.png

Last edited:
Not the extent it’s done in India.

stop interpreting things I didn’t say. i never said Apple is not money grabbing. I said iPhone prices in India is high because of IMPORT DUTY AND GST.

View attachment 110763
So technically it shouldn't bother Apple, where you buy their products from, unless someone takes a locked iPhone and jailbreak it here, if someone buys an imported product that surpasses, GST and Import Duty, its not Apple's problem, as they are getting their money.

Last edited:
Back