iOS Is Apple India discontinuing International warranty?

can somebody confirm if invoice is necessary even if there is apple care+ ?

and what are the charges for replacing battery for a phone under care+?

AFAIK, apple care shows up in your about section in settings. But would recommend an invoice, never know what mood the service centre agent is in.

Battery replacement only covered if battery health below 80%(No mention of time limit or duration). Acdidental service pricing also given in pdf.

So technically it shouldn't bother Apple, where you buy their products from, unless someone takes a locked iPhone and jailbreak it here, if someone buys an imported product that surpasses, GST and Import Duty, its not Apple's problem, as they are getting their money.

Not really since it bothers Apple's India partners. If everyone starts buying imports, how will it sell in India ? How will the partners earn their commissions ?
Most companies are reliant on their offline partners for majority of sales, and nobody wants to piss them off.
Even the court disallowed deep discount sales on online platforms after a lot of hue and cry by offline shops.
For Apple, it makes sense to develop long relationships with their partners rather than not bother about them.
Not to mention the demand is still pretty high even at these costs. They're doing good numbers in India.
Many other factors at play as well.

Even the court disallowed deep discount sales on online platforms after a lot of hue and cry by offline shops.
Not to mention the demand is still pretty high even at these costs.
What? Even at 900% when cars were bought in India during license raj before 90s, there was some demand. Just coz there is demand it is not high demand. There is no telling what the demand will be without the insane inflated prices.
Deep discount sales still happen on online platforms.
Topmost is apple has to get all its money and more and more

All doubts aside what this surely means is much more hassle for the end-users trying to avail apple service repairs. Already the level of apple service in India is really bad, this makes it worse.

Last edited:
Not really since it bothers Apple's India partners. If everyone starts buying imports, how will it sell in India ? How will the partners earn their commissions ?
Most companies are reliant on their offline partners for majority of sales, and nobody wants to piss them off.
For Apple, it makes sense to develop long relationships with their partners rather than not bother about them.
Not to mention the demand is still pretty high even at these costs. They're doing good numbers in India.

Remove partners out of the race and have their own Apple Store. lol

Yea why doesnt Apple just introduce their own operations in the country? Like how Amazon has done with their partners. I would happily return to using apple if it meant even a slight reduction in purchase cost + peace of mind of dealing directly with the company as opposed to third party retailers etc.

Got my phone replaced a few days ago under AppleCare+, no bill was required. Unicorn Store in Gurgaon

My Macbook has gone there for more than 5 Keyboard replacements. What a nightmare it is, after the 3rd replacement I didn't really have a smooth experience with them. The Display also started flickering so got that changed too in January, that was a very smooth and professional experience. Since the service center is a two-minute walk from me I go there, but the service center in South Point mall is way way better

Last edited:
My Macbook has gone there for more than 5 Keyboard replacements. What a nightmare it is, after the 3rd replacement I didn't really have a smooth experience with them. The Display also started flickering so got that changed too in January, that was a very smooth and professional experience. Since the service centre is a two minute walk from me I there, but the service centre in South Point mall is way way better
Wow, 5 replacement ? Yeah, can't really fault the service center guys then. Apple really screwed up with those keyboards

Whats the max duration we can buy apple care plus(or regular) for?
I think if you buy the monthly plan then there might not be a limit. Not sure about it.

The lump sum purchase only lasts for 2 years from the date of purchase

Back