is Daikin the best brand to buy a 1 ton 5 star split inverter AC ?

rawfiul

Disciple
Hello, im in the market to buy air con. Thing is, with so many options, im going crazy.

I have been using Daikin split AC without issues so its my current preference but i wana know what you guys think is the current best?

Budget is around 35k and room is sheltered 110 sq ft

Last edited:
Hello, im in the market to buy air con. Thing is, with so many options, im going crazy.

I have been using Daikin split AC without issues so its my current preference but i wana know what you guys think is the current best?

get an LG, SAMSUNG, Haier, BlueStar.

I had installed Daikin 1 tonne , 4* AC last summer. It's been a pretty good experience, it was a massive upgrade from my LG AC , which was ass tbh. The cooling goes crazy in that super cool ( i don't remember exactly the name of the mode ) and , at times i had to actually turn the temperature up , when it got too cold so yea , i think Daikin is your best bet , their service in general is pretty good ( 4 free services, 3 availed so far and this'll be the 4th one ) and have faced zero issues.

I have the Daikin.
The remote is pain in a**

Needs exact alignment with the led. Blue star or any other remote in my other ACs works without pointing so during sleep if you want to change the temperature settings it will almost surely wake you up

Yup i can relate to this point lmao. Not a deal breaker for me tho.
get an LG, SAMSUNG, Haier, BlueStar.

Any model in particular? And why not Daikin ?
Another big question is - We used AC 2 hrs in the noon and 2 hrs at the night at max. Salesmen suggest in that use case, i should opt for 3 star instead of 5 star rating. I want some clarity on this

Last edited:
Yup i can relate to this point lmao. Not a deal breaker for me tho.

Any model in particular? And why not Daikin ?
Another big question is - We used AC 2 hrs in the noon and 2 hrs at the night at max. Salesmen suggest in that use case, i should opt for 3 star instead of 5 star rating. I want some clarity on this
To recover the amount paid extra for 5 star it will take more running of AC to save amount on electricity.
That's the funda, so if u are using 4 hours per day and not 10 hours per day then the per month bill difference may be 200 per month.
So to save 10000 that u paid extra for a 5 star will take 50 months to recover which is long time(summer is 4-5 months per year)

(The calculation is just to give an idea)

To recover the amount paid extra for 5 star it will take more running of AC to save amount on electricity.
That's the funda, so if u are using 4 hours per day and not 10 hours per day then the per month bill difference may be 200 per month.
So to save 10000 that u paid extra for a 5 star will take 50 months to recover which is long time(summer is 4-5 months per year)

(The calculation is just to give an idea)
The price difference in Daikin 1 ton 3 star vs 5 star is 4k. Ill go 5 star i guess

My Diakin AC had so many issues I would suggest to skip and get LG.
Remote blew, capacitor blew 3 times now, the swing flap broke from side motor twice.
Each time its A 1000-1500 Rs Expense.
The quality is mostly shit.
LG on the other hand is solid and has 5yr warranty on PCBs.

Bluestar, Carrier, Voltas are currently good in the market. I'm from construction industry and deal with Hvac vendors on regular basis and that's why I am suggesting. The best would be Mitsubishi heavy industries but that would be too expensive.

Daikin is your best bet considering your budget! You can look in blue star, carrier or panasonic too as models released for this year have the same 5year warranty on pcb and 10 on compressor! If you are buying daikin 3 star , please opt for one with screen on the indoor unit

I bought a Daikin 5 star inverter 1 Ton last year and it serves pretty good. My room size is 14*11 feet. That roughly comes down to 150 sq feet. And my room gets direct sun for like 6 hours every day. My daughter was 11 month old when we bought it and we never used it below 26 degrees last year and even then it did pretty great. We mostly used to increase the temperature after 1-2 hours to 28,29 or even 30 because it felt cold.
The best part for me is the efficiency. For the most part it used to be anywhere between 18%-70% power consumption.

I think I paid 37,500 for the AC and then 2200 for the installation.

I was adamant on getting a 5 star but if you are using AC for only few hours, say 4-5 hours daily, then you can even get 4 star. Power consumption difference won't be huge.

I bought a Daikin 5 star inverter 1 Ton last year and it serves pretty good. My room size is 14*11 feet. That roughly comes down to 150 sq feet. And my room gets direct sun for like 6 hours every day. My daughter was 11 month old when we bought it and we never used it below 26 degrees last year and even then it did pretty great. We mostly used to increase the temperature after 1-2 hours to 28,29 or even 30 because it felt cold.
The best part for me is the efficiency. For the most part it used to be anywhere between 18%-70% power consumption.

I think I paid 37,500 for the AC and then 2200 for the installation.

I was adamant on getting a 5 star but if you are using AC for only few hours, say 4-5 hours daily, then you can even get 4 star. Power consumption difference won't be huge.
Thanks

You might need to keep the temp at 24-26 during day. We didn't do it because of our baby. I personally don't like going below 24.
And your room is a little bit smaller than mine so yeah you would love it's cooling.

The person at store was adamant that we buy 1.5 ton but budget was an issue. Also, I knew I would be shifting to another place with smaller room so that was also a reason. Would be shifting in April or May this year.

It also has a feature where the final direct upwards so the cool air goes towards ceiling and not directly hit your face. This was a great feature for us because of my daughter. It also has dew cleaning feature to clean the internals but never used it. It takes 90 mins to clean it and you need to keep the door closed.

The indoor unit also has display to show room temperature, the temperature set by the remote and AC load.

1 ton 4 star was about 4k lesser in price. Just in your budget.
If you need to ask something, just PM me

Last edited:
Bluestar, Carrier, Voltas are currently good in the market. I'm from construction industry and deal with Hvac vendors on regular basis and that's why I am suggesting. The best would be Mitsubishi heavy industries but that would be too expensive.
Have seen most offices with these 3 acs commonly used.
Which would you recommend between Bluestar, Carrier and Voltas ?

Have seen most offices with these 3 acs commonly used.
Which would you recommend between Bluestar, Carrier and Voltas ?
Bluestar>Carrier>Voltas

Ensure you get a 3-4 star one minimum, 5 star if use is regular and used for 6-8 hours often in a day. Inverter model only makes sense if you want to run ac for longer periods,repair costs for inverter models is very high as compared to non inverter models.

Back