Is defy plus the best phone for 16K budget??

lll_aritra_lll said:
defy+ has bayer module which is capable to capture 30 fps HD recording, but, still crappy.. about dedicated camera key, no they have not, but you can set the volume key as shutter key by using camera zoom fx

Neo V is also good VFM
So Far the problem identified with Each one and if there is a work around to it ? , if you feel I need correction, please say so

1) Defy+ : Definitely over all first choice, but poor camera ( from what hear) , no dedicated camkey ( self shots become a nightmare ) , no GPU/CPU upgrade from Defy .

2) Galaxy SL : Had finalized this last night , untill I realized this Galaxy apparently doesnt have Flash ( must have for night shots) , otherwise beats all phones, spec wise .

3) SE Neo V: Again was almost compelled to buy this on ebay , when figured that it had internal mem of 320MB ( say what??) thats rather less for a mid range Android .....more importantly deal breaker considering i do a lots of Google Reader RSS reading...dont you guys feel so?

Is there any upcoming model in similar price bracket (15.5-16.5 K) , or learn to live with any of the shortcoming??

Cheers,
Jai Hind

about defy.. true. camera is total crap.. in stock rom, cpu is clocked at 1 ghz.. so better than stock defy rom.. no dedicated cam key but can be made one using specific software

about neo v, again true.. low memory is a bummer

I think im done with the decision and will zero it down to Defy + .....

or we have somethinng here : Nvidia Tegra 2 Dual Core Superfone by Micromax @ rs15.5

Exclusive : Micromax to drop the price of A85 Superfone to Rs. 15290/- in India | iGyaan.in

I know, Micromax the name makes me cringe.....but guess what "Specs don lie".

Igyaan is ga ga over the price to performance....would like to knw if one needs to be particular of Micromax for anything in specific?

^^^^ buddy the phone is available in indiaplaza.in for 14.5k, and using the ICICI coupon(it's mentioned in the A85 thread in Mobile Phones section), the price comes to less than 13k.

SO here's the deal,

MMX A85 @ 13k:

- 1GHz Tegra 2 dual core

- 512MB RAM

- 5MP autofocus cam

- Front facing cam

- 3.8" screen

- Good phone design and looks

I think it's a darn good deal!

Yes...A85 superfone seems value

however

Just looked into the details:

Micromax A85 'Superfone' Review

Major Cons:

Camera with no flash
Average batt Life
Laggy Screen ( shame shame with dual core processor)
Preinstalled with 2.2 ( with no updates for 2.3 ) ( 2nd time Shame shame)
Micromax name ( not a major issue)

Defy + has come down to 15.5 ...so I think that is making the final cut for me...unless another saviour phone w ith a 16k price tag comes along.

foruamit2004 said:
How about LG optimus 2x for 18k. -

LG P990 Optimus 2x Mobile Phone . Buy Best LG P990 Optimus 2x Mobile Phone at Lowest Price Online

Coupon - GC95PE81Y2EN

EDIT: Plus free reebok shirt. :p

I wud rather they take 2 reebok tshirts from me and give a further 1k off....

Anyway thats a good find man..Optimus 2x is hard to beat at that price with 8 mp cam and heavy on board mem as well...heard galaxy r is about 20 k now and is gonna drop further...??

What say guys Lg Optimus 2x?? or wait a lil more? Im not in a hurry as Explorer is handling all tasks well so far....

2x is definitely better than defy+. galaxy r is better than 2x price around 21-22k, so it depends how much you want to pay. paying 2k more for 2x is definitely justified IMO

foruamit2004 said:

hey man...u r good at this...hunting butt kiking deals.... ;)

But Im inclined towards Lg optimus 2x, due to 8 mp cam...i think its areal value add at that price which makes it slightly more future proof .....unless Galaxy R has really unique features which I m omitting...

Now the only thing remaining is to sell my month old HTC explorer .....its a brillaint phone in its class.....I have seen a defy lagging...but not this phone even with multiple apps. Dont knw what HTC did with it....and thats why dropped the idea of rooting it as well....

Back