Is E-Litmus test worth it?

techygeek

Adept
I will graduate in IT Engg. in 2012. I am placed in TCS through campus.

previous batch got joining of march 2012.

so i am planning to try for other companies. college does not allow to get more than 1 through campus

I wanted to ask if the E-Litmus test good and is it worth to give it?

Yeah I have seen people getting a few calls from decent companies through this test, though this was 6-7 years back. I think the fee is also nominal so no harm in giving it a shot.

[font=arial, sans-serif]E-Litmus is good ...[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]E-Litmus [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Paper is not so easy and also it gets you big brands....[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]One of my friend got into Samsung through E-litmus (2011 batch passout)...[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]E-Litmus is good ...[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]E-Litmus [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Paper is not so easy and also it gets you big brands....[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]One of my friend got into Samsung through E-litmus (2011 batch passout)...[/font]
If you are preparing for CAT then it is damn easy.

McAfee recruits on basis of E-Litmus test.

They send E-Litmus guys even for college placements just to hold the test. After the test McAfee recruitment team takes over.

any pointers on how to study for the test?

You don't have to particularly study for the test. Aptitude and stuff. Can easily manage.

I got a call from Tally based on elitmus score to appear for a written test. Just finished taking it in Bangalore where less than 40 people attended. Let's see how it goes. Other than Tally, Samsung, not many of high pay.

Thanks for the OP for posting about it, I didn't know about this !

are there any similar tests out there ?

Thanks for posting this! Me too didn't know about this.

I do remember hearing about E-Litmus somewhere. Didn't have an idea what it was exactly.

In E litmus Test you have to prepare for PH test i.e. just aptitude basically which includes Quantitative maths,verbal,data interpretation and logical reasoning.If one score above 90 percentile then he/she will be getting calls from around 10 companies can be more ,and then it all depends on your P.I. If it goes good you will be placed definitely.E litmus is one of the major weapon you can say for the B.Tech students who are finding jobs Off campus because finding a job off campus is really a hard hard work , So i will say start studying for Aptitude and go for E litmus exam ,If you score good you will definitely have a good job in coming future.

if we have around 2 years of experience and answer e-litmus does it give us chance of a higher package then our current one and chances of a call frm a good company . Basically what i intend to ask is e-litmus is only for freshers or ppl with experience also

As what my friend said, anyone can give e-litmus, but job openings will be mostly for freshers with current year pass outs i.e. currently pass outs of 2012. they have their own forum I guess you could ask there for proper response

if we have around 2 years of experience and answer e-litmus does it give us chance of a higher package then our current one and chances of a call frm a good company . Basically what i intend to ask is e-litmus is only for freshers or ppl with experience also
E Litmus will be of no use for you. It takes students mostly from current year & hardly 1 year experienced.

You are 2 yrs exp, why dont you post your resume in naukri.com & timesjob.com & shine.com ???

There will be hell lot of opportunities, just update your resume periodically & you will be getting numerous interview calls.

@hari5sani
Yeah that would be a better option , but what i thought was like as said lotta big names look in e-litmus , so i thought aptitude score combined with 2 years exp would give me a better chance :)

I am not preparing for CAT. How much time it will take to prepare for eLitmus test? I am good with quantitative and verbal (as I am preparing for GRE as well). I have also heard eLitmus is good for freshers.

Back