Graphic Cards Is GTS 250 fully compatible with my processor p4 3.00Ghz and my motherboard pci 1.0

nirvanasoul

Disciple
i have some Question

1.if i play game which require p4 my gts 250 is compatible with my processor or motherboard?
2.If i play hard core game then is my gts 250 is compatible with my processor or motherboard is any creating bottelnecksituationist ?

Help me >??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Re: Is GTS 250 fully compatible with my processor p4 3.00Ghz and my motherboard pci

Yes, It should work fine but I doubt..........your P4 is gonna bottleneck..............

Re: Is GTS 250 fully compatible with my processor p4 3.00Ghz and my motherboard pci

that will definitely be a bottleneck, keep in mind you also need to buy a decent PSU for that card

Which board you have..?

1. Please give some more info on your motherboard model, if you're concerned with the card being a PCIe 2.0 and your mobo only supporting 1.0, then don't worry it will work. They're backwards compatible.

2. There will be a bottleneck for sure, even my dual core E2180 is a bottleneck for my 9800GT.

gastly said:
1. Please give some more info on your motherboard model, if you're concerned with the card being a PCIe 2.0 and your mobo only supporting 1.0, then don't worry it will work. They're backwards compatible.
2. There will be a bottleneck for sure, even my dual core E2180 is a bottleneck for my 9800GT.
Yes, like gastly said PCIe 2.0 is backwards compatible with PCIe 1.0. First check if your board has a PCIe 1.0 x16 slot.

nirvanasoul said:
i have some Question

1.if i play game which require p4 my gts 250 is compatible with my processor or motherboard?

2.If i play hard core game then is my gts 250 is compatible with my processor or motherboard is any creating bottelnecksituationist ?

Help me >??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
1. What do you mean by games which require P4. If you are talking about old games which run fine on P4, then you are better off buying a Radeon Hd5670. Any card better than that will be an overkill for that processor. Before upgrading your graphic card make sure that you have a decent PSU and that it can power the upgraded machine. If your current PSU is not adequate upgrade the PSU first. Which PSU do you have?

2. By hardcore if you mean latest games, then P4 will not be able to run latest games at playable settings even with a GTS 250. Most of the contemporary games require at least a dual core processor (Athlon II X2 and above). You have to upgrade your entire machine (Processor, Motherboard, RAM, PSU, GPU atleast) if you want to get GTS 250, and avoid bottlenecks.

i have purchased GTS 250 and i have dg43nb motherboard,SMPS cooler master 1000w,p4 3.00ghz dual threads.

know i am going to purchase i5 processor ,extreme motherboard, and 4 gb ram and i hope it is compatible with my graphic card

i5 processor ,extreme motherboard, and 4 gb ram and i hope it is compatible with my graphic card

Yes, will be.

nirvanasoul said:
i have purchased GTS 250 and i have dg43nb motherboard,SMPS cooler master 1000w,p4 3.00ghz dual threads.

know i am going to purchase i5 processor ,extreme motherboard, and 4 gb ram and i hope it is compatible with my graphic card
Of course it will, although amazingly stupid to pair it with a P4..

nirvanasoul said:
Yes it is compatible, and will not bottleneck your GTS 250. What is the exact model number of your SMPS?

Dude you use a 1000W PSU for ur P4 system???

P4 even with HT and OC = Sure bottleneck

i5 even without HT and OC = no bottlenecks

Back